JW "charity" during wildfire crisis

by RedPillPopper 9 Replies latest jw friends

• RedPillPopper
    RedPillPopper

So I live in the area of the 'Valley' wildfire in northern California. I just returned home after 3 days evacuated. There is a family who run a fitness center and had opened their doors in disaster relief to affected people with beds, food, clothing and shelter. The scumbag JW owners of the bldg that is being leased got wind of it and are now evicting them.

https://www.facebook.com/anthony.fernandez.5439

Brigette Schieberl is the JW. I sent her a message about her "charity". Also, here is what I posted on a few FB pages. Respond appropriatley if you so wish............

"the Schieberls are Jehovah's Witnesses who say everyone who is not a JW are controlled by Satan and are going to die at some soon to come Armageddon. They pride themselves as being the "only true religion". Their organization does NOTHING as far as charity in times like these and most JW follow suit. I know as I was a JW for over 30 years. When 9/11 happened in New York and other businesses just outside of the devastation area were opening their doors and helping people the Watchtower Headquarters there shut and locked their doors for 24hrs as devastated people past their building looking for help. For our area at this time of fire crisis, all of the local Kingdom Halls (what they call their churches) did not open doors or help non-member people in ANY way. I cannot post on Schieberl's FB page but did send them a 'nice' message. Please pass the word as to who these people are. The info I just gave you will be the best weapon in helping the Fernandez family. Also do research on Google and Youtube by typing Jehovah Witness Child Abuse. They have a HUGE problem with that and actively cover it up and protect pedophiles while excommunicating victims that speak out. Read some of my recent FB posts."

• PaintedToeNail
    PaintedToeNail

Is there some kind of news link about the Fernandez family doing this? The facebook link doesn't really show any kind of info.

• Sabin
    Sabin
    Redpillpopper, it`s an interesting subject, we were all given evacuation plans to follow what to take , where to go & so forth for our safety. My husband (not a jw) said what about their neighbours, I notice they dont care about them. Even so when we had a disaster there were still jdub`s that had to rely on the worldly organizations to help them. One sister who was in her 70`s had to go & stay at a center, of cause she wasn't the most popular person, but should that matter?
  • RedPillPopper
    RedPillPopper

if you go to Anthony's FB page and scroll down you will see this and many other shares of this screenshot talking about it...............

• ToesUp
    ToesUp
    This lack of concern for others (even other JW's) was the straw that broke the camels back for me. When our family had a challenging financial speed bump in our lives NO ONE was there for us. Not even a kind word or acknowledgement! I always had the preconceived idea that our "loving Brothers and Sisters" would be there for us when we needed them. Hog Wash!!!
  • kairos
    kairos

This is so sad.

I mentioned the fact that JWs are not a charity regarding this fire.

I was told the local BOEs called to make sure the JWs were accounted for.
    How is that charity?

That's just what "friends" should do when they know there is a need.

• Tech49
    Tech49

I live in an area where wildfires are a serious threat every summer. Our town is pretty small, some of the nearby towns are a little bigger. Anyways, last year, the city planning department asked the COBE if the local KH and parking lot could be used in an emergency, for shelter, storage of equipment (parking lot is pretty big), etc. They really like the fact that our seats are all moveable... so they could pull them all out and have one large room if needed. Now, granted, this would be in the event of a MAJOR local disaster, more than likely fire related.

Being that the town is small, and most people know one another, including the "brothers", the elders told them that it shouldnt be a problem, and that a "great community witness" would surely occur if such a thing were to happen. They were a little giddy about being asked to provide such a service to the locals.

Then they sent word to headquarters, just to confirm. And you can guess what happened next. WT sent out word.... "absolutely NOT". The usual replies with "liability", "insurance" , "we already provide a GREAT service to the community", blah blah blah. So the brothers had to go back to the city and rescind the offer. They were pretty embarrassed.

It was really sad, just sad.

• kairos
    kairos

"It might cost us money..."

Love of neighbor, my "Apostate ASS"?!?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

So I live in the area of the 'Valley' wildfire in northern California. I just returned home after 3 days evacuated. There is a family who run a fitness center and had opened their doors in disaster relief to affected people with beds, food, clothing and shelter. The scumbag JW owners of the bldg that is being leased got wind of it and are now evicting them.

..............Image result for Heartless Logo

Image result for Jehovahs witness Logo..Image result for Robot businessman

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries
    So the question is, ARE they allowed to use it for evacuation space? The landlords said it's not allowed. If the city in the situation would allow it then they are in the wrong. The thing to do would be to challenge what the landlords are saying, if able to get any proof the landlords wouldn't be held liable or at risk or face fines and punishment from the city/county/etc then the jw landlords have no excuse for what they are doing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit