My letter to the press....

by CoonDawg 8 Replies latest jw friends

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Someone posted this link on another board...

http://www.ksdk.com/news/news_article_lc.asp?storyid=35184

The news story was of particular interest to me, as my daughter's abuser lives about an hour south of St. Louis where this story originates.

Here is my email to them, as edited by my JW wife.

Dear Sir or Madam:

Your story on pedophilia and Jehovah's Witnesses was pointed out to me by a friend. After watching the video clip, I thought that I would tell you my story.

My Daughter is 9 years old. This past December my daughter revealed to my wife and I that she had been sexually abused by her mother's (my ex-wife's) stepfather. After speaking with my daughter about this, I called my attorney to seek some legal counsel on what to do next. Of course, she recommended I speak with Children's Services.

In order to give them all the information I could I called my ex-wife. I asked her if she knew of the abuse and asked her what she had done about it. She said that she no longer took our daughter around her step-father and that she had spoken to church elders in his congregation. She had not contacted Missouri Child Protective Services and she had not contacted the Illinois Department of Child Welfare. I asked her why she hadn't, and her answer was that she "didn't see the point of putting our daughter through an investigation." She also said "Kenny (the abuser) is old and sickly and probably won't live all that much longer anyway." When I asked her how long she had known about it and she was vague about the time frame, which I thought was odd.

After filing a report with Missouri, Illinois and Tennessee, I called one of the elders in the abuser's congregation to find out who was involved in the investigation of the incident.

Philip T. Yagge was involved, as well as Mark Kite and Tony Lambert. Mr. Yagge informed me that they had been approached by my ex-wife nearly 2 months before my contact. I was absolutely stunned.

I spent several years in their congregation, am still considered a member in good standing, and am familiar with many of the families in the area still. Yet no one called me to inform me that this had happened to my daughter. When I questioned Mr. Yagge about this I received a non-committal answer and was told that the matter was being investigated. At this point, however, he informed me they couldn't do anything about it as it was a case of 'her word against his'.

But this was not the end. While I was stunned by their inaction and that they had not informed me, I then asked him if they had notified the authorities and he told me that they had not. Here they had known of a legitimate case of suspected child sexual abuse, yet he had informed me that they chose NOT to notify the authorities in a State that requires persons in their position to report suspected cases of child abuse. I ended the conversation at that point believing it to be futile to continue.

At present, I have been working with CPS to pursue this investigation and to see the matter prosecuted fully.

Thank you for reporting on this problem and it's devastating consequences to innocent children and their families. I would be happy to answer any questions that you may have. My telephone number is 615-287-0699 or 615-300-3855.

The others involved are:

Patricia xxxxxx (my ex-wife and uncooperative mother of victim. She has repeatedly tried to block the interview by the Illinois case worker assigned to this matter. The case worker had to interview my daughter at school because of this.)

(Chairman of investigative committee)

DeSoto, MO 63020

(Investigative committee member)

I do not currently have an address for this individual

(Investigative committee member)

DeSoto, MO 63020

At the end I provided names, addresses and telephone numbers of all involved.

So, what do y'all think?

Coon

• Sadie5
    Sadie5

I'm shocked by the attitude of your daughter's mother. Doesn't she want justice for her child? And I would be angry with the elders to find out they knew about this and never informed you of it. It is just bad.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Good letter Coon-Lets hope it brings results & makes ex-wifey realize she flunked at helping the daughter- Lets hope the elder who abused dont die -until he repents of his filthy actions....

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

The only thing that kept me from resorting to physical violence towards this man was the opportunity to expose this little long standing cesspool of a congregation for what it is and the thought of her abuser being a$$ raped in prison every night by some hulking man named "tiny" with a penchant for kinky buggery.

Ern

• Sargon
    Sargon

CoonDawg,

I can't beleive the patience you've shown. I'm impressed. I hope the justice system gives you and your daughter every thing you deserve, and that 'tiny' pursues this justice with a vengeance!!

• Dawn
    Dawn

CoonDawg:

Your response to this - following up with the authorities - will mean more to your daughter in the future than anything else could. It shows her that you (1) believe her, and (2) will stand up to protect her. I know this because I also was molested as a child. Your actions will help build her self esteem and her courage.

Good job!!!

• Brandy5
    Brandy5

CoonDrag,

GREAT LETTER! As you little girl gets older she will really respect the fact that you went to bat for her. I hope that the Elders that were on the commitie get some jail time for not reporting it. I also hope that your Ex's mother leaves that bast@@d.

I'm glad that your daughter has you as a dad.

brandy

• Kenneson
    Kenneson

Excellent letter. If the paper publishes it, make sure you let us know. Who knows? Maybe they will do a story on it.

• FreeFallin
    FreeFallin

(((((Coondawg,))))))

I'm sorry for what your little girl had to go thru...great letter,btw.

On the linked video (KSDK) the reporter said that they would be interviewing the leaders of Jehovah's Witnesses the following night. Does any one have a link to that. I couldn't find anything on the KSDK site. If this has been discussed before I apologize. Just point me in the right direction. Thanks

Free

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit