Pope Francis - Tax Churches That Don’t Help the Needy

by Petraglyph 9 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Petraglyph
  • Zoos
    Zoos

Wow! You think the Watchtower hated the harlot before...?

Me thinks there will be an up tick in the vitriol rhetoric against the evil Catholic church in coming months. Joey Rutherford will be proud.

• Heaven
    Heaven
    I have a feeling someone is gonna off this guy. He's definitely stirring things up.
  • Simon
    Simon
    I just love this pope - he's awesome !
  • StarTrekAngel
    StarTrekAngel
    I like him too... for more than one reason I can not disclose at the moment. PM me if your curiosity kills you.
  • respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

To be fair, the WTS isn't in the habit (that I'm aware of) of using its unused real estate for commercial profit (e.g., hotels, renting out to commercial companies).

Now whether the new $10.50 per publisher "donation" made for each Circuit Assembly day equates to some sort of commercial business enterprise is open for debate, but it's not like the WTS is engaged in some of the blatant commercial activities cited by Pope Francis.

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

issuing a blunt warning to any religious orders in Europe that spurn his recent call to open their doors to refugees because they want to make money off their properties instead...

A religious school is tax-exempt because it is religious, but if it is functioning as a hotel, then it should pay taxes just like its neighbor.

Renting space to help with operating expenses...

For example, in Rome, a pensione operated by an order of nuns just outside St. Peter’s Square offers a room, breakfast, and Mass at 7 a.m. each day for $90 a night. They also rent their rooftop to CBS

So, in context, he is just referring to religious groups that rent their properties out to paying guests..

How can you stretch that to apply to the Watchtower's properties?

Interesting comments from a Pope that no doubt sees this as another opportunity for good PR, but I see nothing directly relating to the Watchtower organisation in this story.

Bethellites take a vow of poverty, Bethel is not a hotel..?

• Vidiot
    Vidiot
    Once again; how the hairy blue f**k did this guy get elected? :hushed:
  • DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

The WTBTS will be charitable when they are forced to be, and not one moment sooner.

THE END.

( It is interesting that "charity" was specifically mentioned at the very first Regional Convention during a GB discourse. Rest assured, they have a "shelved idea" about charity. )

DD

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    This guy is really trying to following the edicts of the character Jesus, good on him

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit