Awakening of a JW, Diane Wilson

by Celia 8 Replies latest jw friends

• Celia
    Celia

I ordered the book 2 days ago at my local bookstore. Got it today. Started reading and I can't stop ! I want to scream.... Girl just get out ! You know it's all wrong, why do you stay ? I can't wait for the part when she finally gets out of this cult. And I know she eventually will, so it makes things more bearable... I love it.

• Swan
    Swan

"And I know she eventually will"

You peeked!

I think this is a really good book for non-JWs. I even loaned it to my therapist to read. It really describes what it is like to be a JW in terms that a non-JW can begin to appreciate. I identified with much of what she experienced.

Tammy

• Lost Diamond
    Lost Diamond

Celia,

I really enjoyed this book too. Except I found myself a little frustrated....why wouldn't she just get out!! She kept going back and forth about the issue. I felt like screaming just like you do!

Enjoy!!

LD

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Lost Diamond,

I've been wanting to read that book, would you still happen to have it? Could you loan it out, please?

You've got my email addy.

Thanks!

Katie

• freedom96
    freedom96

What we need to remember is how it was when we were witnesses. You were told what to do, on just about everything. The WTS is a controlling religion, and they use fear and cultish tactics to keep you in.

As regards to her story, I attended the same hall, and I know her very well. Everything she describes is completely accurate.

• freddi
    freddi

hi all,

i just got the book myself. it is sort of like a personal diary for all former witnesses. i am sure that we can all relate to every detail that she describes in the book. i know that i can.

peace

• MerryMary
    MerryMary

Great book. I'm in the process of reading it. I had to call my mom and tell her about it as well. There are so many things that I can relate too. If you haven't read it yet, do so. It's a much easier read than Crises of Conscience.

Mary Lou

• Brandy5
    Brandy5

Great book. I read it a few momths ago. I've loaned it to another EX JW I met. I hope it helps her. Much easier to read than COG, not as dry. But COG was a good book, I've read about a third of it.

brandy

• Celia
    Celia

Well, I just finished Diane's book. I am sure it would be a great read for women stuck in the Society who have doubts.... I must say that I found Crisis of Conscience to be written in a clearer style. The only critic I would have about Diane's book is that she seems to repeat herself a lot. But these 2 books can't and shouldn't be compared anyway. They both address the JW question from different points of view. I am waiting for another book to arrive.... Stay tuned.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit