The featured book Father's Touch

by Brandy5 9 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Brandy5
    Brandy5

I have read about half of it. The kids in that family suffered greatly. The f@ick@* WTS did nothing to help. AAt one point the were told to respect thie fathers headship.

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

These men are out of their ever loving minds!!!!!!

They make me sick.

brandy

• Swan
    Swan

I read that book too and totally agree. And shame on the Canadian authorities who didn't pursue the case. The sodomy rape was ignored as well as the fact that he didn't limit his activities to just his own children. This should have been an indicator that this creep was a predatory pedophile and a danger to his family and the community. Two years was just a slap on the wrist considering what he did. The JWs were more interested in covering their butts than helping those kids.

Donald, if you are reading this, I was thoroughly mesmerized by your book. Your father was a despicable man. The fact that you are who you are today is a great testament to your courage, fortitude, and the effort you put into your recovery. You are a survivor! I look forward to your next book.

Best wishes to you!

Tammy

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

It is an outstanding book. I'm about a third of the way through it and I can hardly read more than a few pages without my eyes tearing up. I thought one of the more poignant moments was when his mother said goodby to her father and got in the cab, turned around and saw her father running after them. Very moving.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Thank you Brandy5, Swan and Big Tex for your positive comments on my memoir, Father's Touch. Just in case you didn't know, my web site's photo gallery shows many of the images from those days so long ago:

http://www.fatherstouch.com/

I really appreciate your support!

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I havent order the book, but i plan on it very soon. I am wanting to read it so I can understand more of what some of my male friends have been thru as sexually abused children. It will help to read a surviors viewpoint on it.

Just reading the first page to your website made me cry, looking at that picture of you as a boy made me cry. How could anyone be so evil as to do what he did to you as a child. I think you are brave and I am sure you will help alot of people with this book.

I have children and my life's work has been to protect them from such things. My youngest is 8 , and just seeing your picture at closet to that age, broke my heart. I just don't understand why the children, the innocent are the ones who are hurt the most.

God bless you on your new life, and being able to express yourself in the written word, I am sure it was hard to do, but healing for you.

• morrisamb
    morrisamb

Thank you lyin eyes for your compassionate post.

I believe my book will help people understand abuse of young boys on many levels. It also will give a glimpse into the mind of a molester (as I quote from my father's own writings).

It was my partner's idea to place a photo of me as young boy on the front page of my web site. He wanted to show the contrast...your comments suggest he was right!

Thanks again for your caring thoughts

• Brummie
    Brummie

I just cant get this book in England! Grrrrr, have been searching around, I'll have to get it imported from the USA I guess

Brummie

• Big Tex
    Big Tex

Hey Brummie, I just emailed morrisamb. Also you can go to his website (damn, I wish I could find the URL) and order it there. It is a tremendous book. I can relate to it on so many levels.

• Valis
    Valis

Yo Big T! Don is a really nice guy as i have had the pleasure of exchanging enail correspondence with him many times. Cheers..

http://www.fatherstouch.com/

Sincerely,

District Overbeer

• Brummie
    Brummie

Thanks Big Tex, I did communicate with him last year and will get back to him and place that order if it doesnt show up in UK.

Brummie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit