Are the Governing Body broadcasts promoted at Kingdom Hall meetings?

by nicolaou 18 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• tim3l0rd
    tim3l0rd

I get weird looks when I tell anyone that I haven't watched the latest one. They look at me like I have three heads. I always get the same line, "It was so upbuilding!"

In truth, I haven't seen any since the May broadcast, but I've only admitted that to one elder.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField
    At our hall in the midwest U.S. it is played at the hall still and advertised from the platform for those with out internet.
  • LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

new jw.telemuppet.org broadcasts

May I nominate for funniest line of 2015??? Well done, sir.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

It's definitely a thing where I live... they have it as sort of a "replacement Book Study" on Saturdays.

My Mom goes.

• Billy ex Blaze
    Billy ex Blaze
    It's promoted at practically every meeting. I believe they have a showing every second Saturday of the month at the KH. They make it into a socal event with coffee and cookies or some other refreshments.
  • St George of England
    St George of England

Never mentioned at my KH. We do not have, and never have had, a presentation for the older ones or those without computers etc.

Once in conversion with a brother and two elders he mentioned the 'singing trolley' video and how funny he thought it was. The elders hadn't a clue what he was talking about.

The last service meeting where there should have been a video (whiteboard animation) the brother on the sound desk couldn't get it to work so we skipped the item.

George

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

One of the congregation in town had arranged to have the viewing at the kingdom hall once a month, but it was so poorly supported that it was stopped.

To my knowledge , its not really supported.

• OneFingerSalute
    OneFingerSalute

Promoted from the stage, and then the buzz for the rest of the week is all about, "Are you going to be at the broadcast showing?"

It is more about putting on a show of "spirituality" for men to see than anything else.

• possum
    possum

I know of a community organisation that arranges for older/lonely members of the community who don't get but need more human interaction to come together as a group for "eating with friends" to meet mix/laugh and eat at different venues with varying menus....

Disgustingly, the LAZY WT society offers offers older ones/lacking computer skills a couple of hours of sitting watching some moron drone on and on and on electronically. What is loving/ healthy or wholesome about that????

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit