US ships garbage back to Canada!!

by Sargon 3 Replies latest social current

• Sargon
    Sargon

I don't know how many here have heard of Ernst Zundel. He's a German born white supremicist who spent many years living in Canada. He ran into problems with our laws sometime in the 80's writing his revisionist literature about the holocaust never happening. We've all heard this kind of crap before, it's considered a hate crime and Ernst got charged under Canadian laws.

One unfortunate thing about being Canadian is that our justice system really sucks because it is so enemic. Good old Ernst escaped with basically a slap on the wrist, fortunately his legal expenses were enormous. Thats one thing our justice system is good at, making lawyers money. Anyway after years of fighting court battles, Ernst finally got sick of Canada and went down south with a visa.

Ernst's visa has just expired, so the Americans ship this work of art up to the Rainbow bridge and put him on our doorstep. We don't want him either, our government wants to deport him back to his country of origin. Well Germany is known to have the toughest anti-hate crime laws in the world. so what does Ernst do? Applies for refugee status to stay in Canada. Right now he's sitting in the Thorold Detention Center awaiting a ruling from our Immigration people wich could take months, years to arrive at. In the meantime the tax payers of Canada have to pay for this guy. I say ship him home and let the Germans deal with him.

• Trauma_Hound
    Trauma_Hound

I'm sorry, I have to disagree with the stupid hate-crime laws, not the ones that have to do with physical violence, however I would rather see someone freely write they're garbage, then hold it in, and act on it. Maybe I don't understand, because I"m american, and it's part of our constitution of freedom of speach. No I don't agree with what this guy has to say, but wouldn't it be better, to be able to keep an eye on this guy, then let him go underground some place, to come back to the surfice commiting some violent acts? At least if he's able to write stuff like this, he's not out killing someone.

• RAYZORBLADE
    RAYZORBLADE

A view to the Niagara River below - a banana peel - Ernst Z.'s unsteady feet - problem is, his remains would end up in Lake Ontario. Not good for either Canada or the USA.

Yup, back to his beloved homeland. Let THEM show him how much they've changed, and how feeble-minded and dated, beyond the ridiculous, his ideas truly are.

Rayzorblade the Immigration officer to Ernst Zundel: DEPORTED "na-na-na-na...hey-hey-hey...good-bye!"

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

For a minute I thought this was about Alanis Morrisette... Trauma;

I'm sorry, I have to disagree with the stupid hate-crime laws, not the ones that have to do with physical violence, however I would rather see someone freely write they're garbage, then hold it in, and act on it.

Ignorance is not legislatable against. Incitement IS. People should be able to express dumb ass opinons. However, if it can be reasonably proven that certain speech incites others to break the law, then that should be a crime. It's up to the courts to decide whether; "The Jews lied, the Holocaust never happened, there's a Zionist conspiracy, we need to watch those sneaky @#%$&." ... and; "Kill the @#$%&*# Jews." ... amounts to the same thing. In some circumstances, the first statement is a veiled incitement to the next, especially when viewed from the perspective of the group it is aimed at, as they have additonal memes planted in their minds by the propoganda they consume that allow the transmutation to take place. The people making these statements KNOW how these statements are liable to be interpreted by those they target, or at least have a responsibility to be aware of liable concequences of their actions - it's the old 'yelling "fire" in a crowded theatre is not freedom of speech' thing. If JW's said the first statement and meant the second, we'd be up-in-arms, as we know it's the sneaky $hit they pull to control their members. Our arms should be no less up if neo-Nazi morons try the same mind-trick

Maybe I don't understand, because I"m american, and it's part of our constitution of freedom of speach. No I don't agree with what this guy has to say, but wouldn't it be better, to be able to keep an eye on this guy, then let him go underground some place, to come back to the surfice commiting some violent acts? At least if he's able to write stuff like this, he's not out killing someone.

Yeah, but to pretend the real danger is not in the people putting pen to paper to spawn such contemptable $hit, but is in the 'people' incited by such inflamatory TO physical action is to stick your head in the sand. Do that too often and something nasty gets stuck up your butt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit