That's it! The Jesus stories are most reasonably explained as myth. History makes this obvious.

by Island Man 74 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Perry
    Perry

We will have to just agree to disagree. I just realized my source link didn't work.

Here it is again:

Article

• OneGenTwoGroups
    OneGenTwoGroups

Can anyone of you prove that the bird on Perry's shoulder is not Jesus?

Case closed, Perry's shoulder bird for the win.

• Half banana
    Half banana

Perry, your source at CARM did work but it is utterly and hopelessly hide bound in its determination to justify the orthodoxy of modern Christianity. If proper critical scholarship is applied practically every statement is shown to be hollow. For example the idea that the gospels are a true account of the first century is false, Christianity with Jesus is a fourth century phenomenon.

The Bible and the gospels are in the category of magic realism. Ok for the ancients and for children's stories... but certainly not a guide for people today who have an informed brain and can actually control their circumstances.

• Perry
    Perry
    For example the idea that the gospels are a true account of the first century is false, Christianity with Jesus is a fourth century phenomenon.

And as many point out, scholarship utterly destroys this claim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=1&v=5znVUFHqO4Q

• vinman
    vinman
    I have been down this road. As was said, we see what we want to see. Their are two sides to EVERY story. When I first joined this forum, I would research what many said about about God's existence, Jesus being a myth, the Bible not inspired and so forth. At the time, I was trying to get my bearings. Atheists seem as certain as religious leaders. I wanted to to make sure. What did I find? And what do I continue to find? No matter what someone says on this forum about where the Bible came from, what the Jews "really" believed, the "proof" of evolution, Jesus being a myth, God being a man made concept, so on and so forth. . I probably research just about every comment a person makes about these things, simply because I want to know. What I found is that for every claim, I can find many, many, solid counterarguments. The fact that 90% of witnesses turn atheist is telling. High control groups turn out more atheists than any other group. It is clear that the problem lies deep within the individual and his experience. We see what we want to see.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit