Another victory

by acsot 6 Replies latest forum tech-support

• acsot
    acsot

So my birthday is this Sunday. (Yes, my birthday - hint, hint). Haven't had a birthday supper or whatever since I was a little kid (my father wasn't a dub, my mother is, so we'd go out for supper on my birthday to please my dad (and me) but no official cake/presents to appease my mother and the snooping elders). My elderly mother says to me the other day: "What are we going to do for your birthday?"

SMACK! (Acsot's jaw dropping on the floor)

"Uh, well, I uh" I was shocked speechless. Is she getting Alzheimer's? Reverting back to her younger days when she belonged to the Catholic church? Now don't get me wrong, I was happy but also didn't want her spreading her "apostate" ideas to the ones in the hall in case she really wasn't understanding what she was saying. I mean, I want her to live her last years in peace, not having elders jump all over her because her mind isn't quite up to par.

"well, I guess we better not say anything to the ones at the hall right? You know JWs and their view on birthdays" I replied in a rather joking manner.

"Oh well, JWs have a lot of ideas about a lot of things. I don't care about that." my elderly mom snorts. "so, what do you want to do for your birthday?"

Oh my god she's legit! it's not Alzheimer's! I pick my jaw up from off of the floor, get my own brain functioning and do some deep breathing exercises!

SOOOOOOOOO, I'M HAVING A BIRTHDAY SUPPER WITH MY MUM ON SUNDAY!! AND .............. NO MEETING!!!!! WE'RE SPENDING THE DAY SHOPPING THEN SUPPER!

NORMAL LIFE IS LOOKING GOOD!!!!!

NOW I'M PLANNING FOR HER BIRTHDAY!! (have plenty of time, it's in June).

Thanks Simon and everyone on this board - you've all contributed!!!

• nilfun
    nilfun

*gives Ascot a hi-five*

Awesome news!

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Hooray Ascot.

Man that must have felt gooood. Don't push the issues, but I think I see an opening here. BEST of all wishes to you and your mom on this, your birthday. Enjoy enjoy enjoy.

Outoftheorg

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

Very glad to hear that your mom may be coming around!!!!!!!

Happy Birthday!!!!!!

Eric

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Wonderfull!

• jgnat
    jgnat

I bet that was the best birthday present you could have got! Your mom not ashamed to share your special day. Have lotsa fun, ok?

• Gopher
    Gopher

[quote]JWs have a lot of ideas about a lot of things. I don't care...[/quote] That is so good! To make such a turnabout at her advanced age, your mom deserves a wonderful birthday herself!

It's so good to be able to enjoy something normal, something 99% of the rest of humanity does without fear. HAHA WTS you are losing your grip.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit