Circuit Overseer Guidelines (tg-E) October 2015

by wifibandit 48 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Room 215
    Room 215

"For example, if a brother is so extremely overweight that others would be distracted if he had a part on the program, good judgment would need to be used in deciding whether to give him an assignment, even though he might otherwise be qualified"

Hmm....Are there any of the Magnificent Seven to whom this might apply?

• tiki
    tiki
    They're so full of themselves....
  • jw-verite
    jw-verite
    Did anyone sent this document to the M. Steward of the ARC ? I think he would be very interested in reading it ^^
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

Yes! The ARC needs to see this letter!!

It highlights just how controlling and duplicitous the org is behind the scenes!

PLEASE someone who has a contact at the ARC, send it to them!

• StephaneLaliberte
    StephaneLaliberte
    I am amazed that this document is now in the hands of "us", apostates. This is truly unbelievable.
  • flamegrilled
    flamegrilled

Thanks for this. If there was ever a way to get a hold of "Instructions for Convention Chairman (S-329)", as referred to in 7:8 of this document, I'm sure that would be very interesting to many.

• DATA-DOG
    DATA-DOG

LOL! @ Room215!

I immediately thought of Mark Sanderson's stunning physique! What a terrible example for the R&F, espescially the younger ones. Maybe he is a stress eater??

Sorry Mr. Sanderson, but you need to set some goals that show respect for the body that your GOD designed.

DD

• Diogenesister
    Diogenesister
    Note that John Cedars is ( surreptitiously) taking the glory for this leak.😂
  • sir82
    sir82

This is cool.

But what would be even cooler is a stash of the "secret letters" that are for CO eyes only, that are conveyed orally to elders. Elders are forbidden to even see the letters.

It would also be way cool to know how many COs are teetering on the edge. as evidently the source of this leak is/was.

• respectful_observer
    respectful_observer

Interesting point which confirmed my earlier suspicion that, although the Branch or GB no longer "appoints" elders/MS, the CO is still under the thumb of the Branch on this:

Chapter 17.3: When the body of elders of a congregation has decided to recommend the appointment of one or more brothers in connection with the upcoming visit of the circuit overseer, the Congregation Service Committee will send him a completed Recommendations for Appointment of Elders and Ministerial Servants (S-62) form at least one month before his visit. The circuit overseer should immediately forward the form to the Service Department. Such recommendations should not be considered until clearance to proceed has been received from the branch office (BOLD is in original text). Even when clearance is received, this does not indicate that the branch office has endorsed the recommendations. It simply means that the circuit overseer may now give consideration to the recommendations during the upcoming visit. The branch office does not perform a check of the person’s age, marital status, previous appointments and deletions, or the like (emphasis mine).

So the Branch doesn't "appoint" or "approve" appointments-- they "endorse". The Legal Department's fingerprints are all over this. Great way to insulate the Branch from claims they are legally/financially liable for elders' actions.

I have no doubt that what the Branch IS checking is whether the brother is on the WTS "non-existent" accused child molester database.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit