ROKU Maybe damaging TVs

by TakeOffTheCrown 12 Replies latest jw friends

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

Using a ROKU may damage the color on TV sets. It appears to change the color phase to Magenta.

Has anyone else noticed this problem on their TVs while using a ROKU? Apparently, the problem cannot be repaired.

http://forums.roku.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=90113

Re: Roku4 has color phase error

Postby Ken7 ยป Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:39 pm

Well unfortunately my latest tech support call yielded nothing new relative to the magenta color issue on the Roku 4's 4K output. They did acknowledge that they've received other calls for this same issue.

Apparently tech support has done nothing in terms of researching this, but will look at it now...at least according to the lady I was speaking with. Of course that's what I was told 2 weeks ago when I first called on this issue.

So it's looking more and more like I'll have to return the unit.

http://cordcuttersnews.com/review-roku-4-our-first-look/

Ken7 October 24, 2015 at 7:17 am #

There is a color phase error on the Roku4 that shifts color to the magenta. This is particularly obvious with flesh tones. Several owners are reporting this issue.

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    Take Off The Crown:
    "There is a color phase error on the Roku4 that shifts color to the magenta. This is particularly obvious with flesh tones."

Oh no.

I am picturing Jackson or Lett with magenta faces...and magenta hands flashing rings of magenta light.

And all the JWs watching those magenta faces.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    JW.TV comes with built in Koolaid filter vision ๐Ÿ‘Œ
  • TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

Oh no.

I am picturing Jackson or Lett with magenta faces...and magenta hands flashing rings of magenta light.

And all the JWs watching those magenta faces.

OrphanCrow that is funny. But what about the many older ones who have purchased a ROKU for their older television sets to watch JW tv and having their TVs damaged?

• OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    TOTC: But what about the many older ones who have purchased a ROKU for their older television sets to watch JW tv and having their TVs damaged?

Hopefully they will wise up and keep the donations they usually send in to the WTS and purchase a new TV instead.

Maybe the GB will send out a letter blaming Satan for it. The JWs will see it as a "sign of the end".

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown
    ROKU should not have been endorsed by JW TV without checking to see if the product was reliable and would not cause damage. A quick google search revealed that there is a problem with the product.
  • BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Magenta ...sort of rosy looking ?

Dubs view their broadcast through rose coloured lenses (metaphorically) anyway,

• TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

Be wary of using a Roku on television sets that have a picture tube. Older televisions that do not have HDMI connections require the use of component cables (red/yellow/white) in order to connect to Roku.

The Roku appears to change the color to magenta and no adjusting of the color settings can fix the problem.

It apparently is happening to some of the newer models as well.

If someone knows of a fix for this problem, please post it.

Thanks.

• cappytan
    cappytan
    So am I to understand this problem is only occurring on Tube televisions? LCD & Plasma aren't affected?
  • TakeOffTheCrown
    TakeOffTheCrown

Cappytan,

This problem has occurred in a tube television using the component connections as well as a new SONY LCD/Plasma television using Roku 3.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit