My contribution to the deconversion effort

by CoonDawg 3 Replies latest jw friends

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

So, I was in a JW chatroom the other night. I found it interesting to say the least. I couldn't copy and past the chat, though I would have liked to. The first subject that came up was about "headship" and all that. It was amazing to me to hear a woman who was married to an abusive man for 28 years and then he finally left her, tell me that even though he was abusive and an a-hole, she still respected him.

Well, you know me....I couldn't keep my big mouth (read fast, fat fingers)...and I just had to say a few things about "submission". There were those that put forth that marriage and it's success is based on a couples spirituality. I told them that they were way off and there were too many factors that have little to do with a person's spirituality.

it was interesting to say the least. It was also a cause for several to bail on me out of the chatroom. Of course, I tried to make nice so I don't get banned from there. I figure some were positively effected. I had 2 different ladies pm'ing me voicing their agreement. One of them even expressed her amazement at the way some continue to wear their rose colored glasses.

So then, Mr. divorced elder starts talking about their DO...he was DESPERATELY trying to change the subject...he says that their DO was giving the talk and brough out how when Jesus was baptized that "the heavens opened up" and how "this was not literal" and "this showed his being revealed his pre-human existence."

I said...that's an interesting theory...what scriptures do they use to support that? Well, Mr. elder left the chat without answering my question. So, I made the statement that the interpretation is an assumption. Those that were still there immediately began researching like crazy. Of course I apologized for asking a nitpicking question but that I just don't like suppositions and loose ends. Well...by the time I left....there were only 3 left in chat. 2 were stumped to the point of "jehovah will reveal it in time" and "new light"...but the other (yes, she's "weak" already) said that it really bothered her....that she had assumed that she had read scriptures that supported this and that "this is bad" to have something like this presented as fact. My hanging out there from time to time is working. For some, it's starting to get them thinking.
    act, yet have such a glaring loose end. I told her that many can quote the publications, but that the scriptures nowhere specificly say anything about this.

Just wanted to share.
    Ern
    :D
    :b:D

• rolling rock
    rolling rock

Could you give me a link to the chat room???

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

coon; that; that sounds like fun i would love to go there and ask some head spinning questions.. in fact a bunch of us should go there at the same time, and play with them give out the link.....john

• CoonDawg
    CoonDawg

Hey, guys...I would love to, but it is now a closed community. I just got in because I was already there and am a good actor and BS artist. It used to be that anyone could go there and look at the posts...now they've locked the community and if you aren't a member, you can't even read the posts in the forum.

If you can get loads of current JW info, and are a really good actor...maybe you can get in there.

If you are still interested...I'll be happy to give you the link.

At the moment, my work is very subtle and on the QT.

Ern

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit