Michael's Story (JW commits suicide)

by RolRod 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RolRod
    RolRod

This is the story of Michael. A 4th generation JW. Elder, Husband, father with relational ties to Marley Cole.

PIMO, stepped down as elder, and the body went after him tooth and nail. They demonized him to family and friends. One elder told his wife to divorce Michael and marry him. He lost everything and in a state of despair took his life a few days ago.

After listening to this I have tears in my eyes for what this religion has and is still doing to its members.

View Michael testimony below on the Watchtower History Channel on YouTube

Michael's Story

• Simon
    Simon

What a sad story.

I strongly believe this "PIMO" nonsense is dangerous.

Leave. Run. Get as far away from it as you can. Get it out of your life. If they show up on your door, tell them to get off your property. If they show up again, punch them in the face.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

SIMON:

I agree that being a PIMO JW is dangerous and that a person should just get out and run. They should block phone numbers.

However, you might be pursued if you are a man and/or have something they want or can offer freebies (a business, etc.) They’ll either come into the business or corner you when you’re leaving your house.

Being PIMO is especially harmful to a person’s mental health with all this pretending and fakery. And, they absolutely have to keep their mouth shut about anything they don’t like or else they are blown and everything can be taken from them as we have sadly seen.

Unfortunately, not every JW is in a position to just get out and run if they have family there or (God forbid) work for Witnesses. I’m glad I had no family there. The JWs didn’t look for me because I was considered a lousy Witness anyway. I had low hours and wouldn’t do favors for all the Users in the religion! They have no use for anybody they can’t exploit.

• Smiles
    Smiles

All paths in and out of JW high control can become lethal.

Seek healthy external support, preferably before exiting the cult.

• RolRod
    RolRod

It's a sad story, burst remember, he had a wife and kids. He was pimo for them. Once he lost them he list his will to live. Such a destructive organization ...

• Simon
    Simon

Did he lose them? Did his wife divorce him?

I couldn't tell from what I read / listened to whether things actually happened or not.

• RolRod
    RolRod

Simon, he was eventually DFd and his own daughter told him "if you get disfellowshipped I'll never speak to you again." I guess that was too much to bare.

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

Such a destructive organization ...

So true. I detest government meddling in anything (because they usually f*&k it up), but this is one thing that I'd like to see so-called "hate crimes" legislation or their failure to respect Freedom of Religion cost them their tax exempt status. I cannot see that happening in the US right now. Religion is "untouchable" for politicians for they fear it will cost them re-election, but I can see some of the stricter laws on these things elsewhere being used to "come down" on them.

Follow The Money! You have to hit them where it hurts the most. Their bank account.

• Mum
    Mum

The problem is that good little witnesses set a trap for themselves. They only marry witnesses; they brainwash their children; they don't even create an "escape hatch" for unforeseen occurrences. No one knows for sure what was happening in Michael's personal life to lead to such despair and hopelessness. I read that the elders were harassing him and encouraging his wife to divorce him. It got to be more than the poor man could bear. What a tragedy!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

MUM:

That is correct that ‘good little JWs have no escape hatch’. This is by design but they don’t realize it. It is all about control and insuring they have no place to turn to when the whole thing goes to shit. This was the sad situation this poor guy was in.

When I joined as a young working adult, they told me I shouldn’t bother with my non-JW family and get rid of my ‘worldly’ friends. I was told I should only have friends who are Jehovah’s Witnesses. They said everybody else was no good and the world was under the influence of the devil.

I held onto my non-JW friends for years until we grew apart. MY job was my ‘escape hatch’ although I couldn’t have known it at the time. It was one place where I was free and the religion had no control there. When I saw the ‘handwriting on the wall’ about the religion and knew I had to get out - I made sure I rekindled old acquaintances and contacted relatives!

JWs who want a way out have to quietly and cleverly establish some friends and contacts outside the religion for when the day comes they have to jump ship. I hope any lurkers can learn from this very sad story!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit