Have the Kingdom Hall's discontinued using mailboxes?

by longgone 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• longgone
    longgone

About one month ago, I sent my disassociation letters out, one was addressed to their Headquarters in NY. (USA) and three were addressed to the Kingdom Halls in my area.

Now the strangest thing has happened, two of the letters that I sent to the local KHs were returned to me by the post office labeled "Return to sender-No mail recepticle-Unable to forward." One came last week, and another one today. The third (and most important) was addressed to the Hall I formerly attended, it hasn't been returned but it would seem it will be any day now.

I wonder why there aren't mailboxes at these Kingdom Halls, or is this a standard practice everywhere now?

I hope that the one I sent to NY is sufficient in itself, and the local Kingdom Halls will be informed. I just want this local bunch to stay away from me, I thought this would take care of it. 😟

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

It's pretty common for the correspondence to go to the COBE's home.

• Sail Away
    Sail Away

My former congregation in the US did not receive mail at the KH, rather they used a post office box for as long as I remember. I mailed my resignation letter to the homes of the secretaries of the two local congregations I had been associated with.

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

They may have a PO Box where they receive their mail. Some times the post offices are not that reliable. Since the postal service has been reduced to what it is now, sometimes the mail gets returned.

Is there a way for you to verify the correct address? Sorry that the letters got returned. I'm sure that a disassociation letter isn't something one takes lightly.

• dropoffyourkeylee
    dropoffyourkeylee

I never knew any congregation to have a mailbox. Correspondence always went to an individual's home, or to a P.O. Box. If a letter is addressed to 'Kingdom Hall', 100 Main St, or whatever, it would likely get returned to sender. The post office might give it a 'free forward' to a known address, but they wouldn't have to. With most letters sorted by computer nowadays, at least in the US, such additional services are less common.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped

They didn't get our letters when we sent them because their address was wrong online. An elder called me and I told him we disassociated. He was blown away and ultimately said they hadn't received anything, but gave me his address and I simply sent copies of the letters to him and was soon announced.

Seems like they have mail issues at times.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit