Help ... maybe

by vienne 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• vienne
    vienne

Dr. Schulz and I are pushing to finished volume two of Separate Identity by mid-2018. To make this book the best it can be we need material that we haven't been able to find. Among these are:

1. A tract on spiritism by N. Barbour published about 1881 or so. No name for it.

2. Any issue of A. D. Jones Zion's Day Star

3. The combined printing of Food for Thinking Christians and Tabernacle Teachings. We only need a scan of the title page.

4. Personal letters no matter how irrelevant they may seem by any Russell era adherent.

5. Any issues of Paton's World's Hope. We have many, but key years seem not to exist in libraries.

6. Most issues of Adam's Spirit of the Word.

This just scratches the surface. If you have anything you believe will help us write an accurate, forthright history, contact me.

In another thread someone suggested that our truthhistory blog is an apology for the Watchtower. If you spend time on our blog you will see this is not so. We only write verifiable history. We do not engage in apologetics. I am not and I have never been a Witness. Dr. Schulz is one. Together we write accurate, let the chips fall where they may history. Nothing else.

If you have read volume 1 and liked it, you materially help us by posting a positive review on Amazon and on Lulu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVrHwS2LNjE&list=LLvL7EYtcZ6H7is0awpUxX0g&index=2

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

My, such epic heroic music for such a sad little group.

Just for my information, is your colleage a baptized believing indoctrinated JW by any chance?

You do realize many here have been hurt and traumatized by this horrible cult with lives stolen, families torn apart, time lost with loved ones forever all because of this horrible cult?

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

I have not the slightest idea where to find the items you are looking for, but I wish you well on your project. I think it's interesting and important work, because regardless of our perspective on current Watchtower, more knowledge about its origins enlightens everyone.

• vienne
    vienne

Spar,

We don't write polemics. We write verifiable history. And the period we research represents a different religion than Jehovah's Witnesses are today.

My personal experience with Witnesses is largely negative. That has no bearing on 150 year old history.

• wifibandit
  • vienne
    vienne

Wifi,

Thanks much. We have most of this but often as very poor photocopies. So this is still immensely helpful.

• vienne
    vienne

Wifi,

PM me with your email and I can probably get you the full year 1905 of WH if you want it.

• sparrowdown
    sparrowdown

Fair enough vienne, I get that you need to plug your stuff somewhere.

• vienne
    vienne

there are many here, sparrow, who are interested in Watch Tower history and who are helpful. I accept that you feel damaged by the WT. However, you make snap judgments that, in my case, are wrong.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit