Extreme emotions re today's watchtower

by Tornintwo 49 Replies latest jw friends

• steve2
    steve2

Of course JWs are always going to protest that they get a lot of criticism, as a poster's JW wife demonstrated.

What they forget is this: It is their very high-minded claims - and consistent failures to live up to them - that attract the criticism.

The critcism does not occur in a vacuum.

What is that Scripture about the more you are given, the more that is expected of you?

If JW organization is the sole channel of God's communication from the 19th through 21st centuries, shouldn't more be expected of them, especially of their behavior and deeds? Shouldn't they model the exemplary behavior they profess marks them as different? Shouldn't they stand out as refreshingly different to "false" religion?

Fact is, they are no different from the very religions they condemn as of Satan. But because their claims are so high toned, more is expected of them. Pure and simple, really.

• ReligionOfHatred
    ReligionOfHatred

Marvin Shillmer has the Royal Commission where the GB Member says:

"When asked Do you believe Jehovah's Witnesses' Governing Body is the "faithful slave"? I recommend replying with:

I agree with Governing Body member Geoffrey Jackson. The Governing Body views itself as trying to fulfill the role of the biblical 'faithful slave,' but it would be presumptuous to say the Governing Body is the only spokesperson that God is using. I don't see any sense in speculating beyond this. Do you?

1. Royal Commission into Institutional Responses to Child Sex"

http://marvinshilmer.blogspot.com/2015/08/do-you-believe-jehovahs-witnesses.html

• ReligionOfHatred
    ReligionOfHatred

New International Version
    But the one who does not know and does things deserving punishment will be beaten with few blows. From everyone who has been given much, much will be demanded; and from the one who has been entrusted with much, much more will be asked." Luke 12:48

Be Ready for Service
    47"And that slave who knew his master's will and did not get ready or act in accord with his will, will receive many lashes, 48but the one who did not know it, and committed deeds worthy of a flogging, will receive but few. From everyone who has been given much, much will be required; and to whom they entrusted much, of him they will ask all the more.

Biblehub

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

@ ReligionOfHatred...

Nice.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

Tornintwo - "...does anyone else have a similar emotional reaction to this 'good news'?"

I did more and more, the older I got (even when I was still in).

• Mary J Blige
    Mary J Blige

@ignoranceisbliss

Could that study conductor be awake and having a blatant facetious dig??

If not, bhaaaaad conductor... bhaaaaaaaad.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

i can't sit there and listen to people answer up excitedly that they are looking forward to their imminent deliverance when it means that their neighbors and their children can look forward to a horrible death.

Tornintwo ...

You should adjust your attitude and be happified when these things occur.

Rub a Dub

• clarity
    clarity

As if the written RULES are not enough ....all the innuendos, the persuasive nudges and the troubling conclusions that the j dubs come to, are so destructive & energy draining. I know of many who believe that they must give up their own privacy & make sacrifices to open their houses to all their friends & the not so friendly when the trouble starts. Many are troubled by worrying that "apostate" or worldly family members will try to harm them or even kill them when they have to preach that it is the end!!!! Every way we look at WT .....it is so very sick!

" remain faithful, will we be willing to experience material loss? Will we be ready to do whatever is required of us to prove our loyalty to Jehovah?"

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Great posts, ReligionofHatred.

You can be a really useful contributor..

Keep it up ;)

• FayeDunaway
    FayeDunaway

I have a relative who unfortunately has delusional disorder. Thinks she is a special 'chosen one' and thinks various countries are out to get her and her son. It's ruining her life and her marriage. She can't function. The JW leadership has a delusional disorder as well, but on a grand and dangerous scale. They are controlling 8 million people, often ruining marriages and families, destroying the potential of millions of children, closing doors of opportunity, throwing water on sparks of natural talent every day.

steve2 I thought the same thing. 'Soon we may start proclaiming it is the end!' What the heck have they been doing this whole time, selling daisies?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit