Extreme emotions re today's watchtower

by Tornintwo 49 Replies latest jw friends

• umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

No doubt God’s people will proclaim a hard-hitting judgment message. This may well involve a declaration announcing that Satan’s wicked world is about to come to its complete end.

Oh my God!! This is exactly what that elder said to me about a month ago. My sister too.

What are they going to do? Stand out in the street wearing those funny boards yelling..The end is nigh?!!" I can't believe they are jumping ahead of the bible.....literally...again! Only a short time ago I grabbed the updated Revelations book that they had studied a few years back. (it was prior to the RC and I have been visited every week, but that's another story) I told him it was interesting how few books they had today compared to the vast amounts that were printed over the decades. " He said, " Oh we don't read those anymore, they are old material and are understanding has grown". Then the whole issue came out about how they have done away with types and ante-types.

In other words, unless it is specifically stated as a prophecy in the bible, they no longer attribute the many confusing passages that they once gave all sorts of future meanings to.

This is when I asked him about the clear word "prophecy" in Revelations, it's confusion of meaning, the fact that it's a future event that is not understood......I could have just banged my head on a wall for all his wary resentment of me.

He's an "ELDER". And who in the hell was I to find any fault with the orgynization!!

I have daughters, grandchildren who are loving and beautiful. I have a really old, funny, and slightly wicked neighbour who I watch footy with. She's a Catholic and 89 years of age. And I love her. She is at Church every single Sunday and has never failed. Does she slam it down my throat and tell me I'm going to die? No.

I too am watching the good people in Europe who are trying to help those fleeing persecution from their own countries....

Read fulltimestudents post on that. Yet we have people who are good, who do care.

I don't want god to kill my friends off on this forum, my family, my friends. What about our pets? Unless you've got birds....preferably crows or vultures...

This is terrible reading, it's wicked. And I am upset...really upset about it today. I spent the weekend with people I really love.

• flipper
    flipper

Holy shit - these people are scary.

I've never been a jw, stopped going to Catholic church at 11 years old (when mom got tired of fighting about it.) Not religious at all but know enough to "do the right thing". I had thought the Catholics were hypocrites until I learned about the jws.

When I first read this I thought it was a parody.

When I first started learning about the whole watchtower trip I asked Flipper why they call themselves Christian because any Christians I've known, including Catholics, seem to have a main goal of helping others and being kind. The witnesses are downright harsh and mean.

I decided that for the watchtower, Christianity is just a marketing tool to suck in the public.

They are so f****d up and selfish. They will throw their friends and families under the bus so they can cheat death and live forever. Then look down their noses at the "worldlies".

Yes this is nauseating.

Mrs. Flipper

• Closer to Fine
    Closer to Fine
    Faithful Witness 41 minutes ago

Closer to Fine: Most churches that I have visited, seem to be encouraging their audience to do as you described... often in the form of a monetary donation.

Yes, this is true and it's been proven that unfortunately many abuse that trust and steal the funds for their own benefit.

Some are still using the funds honestly. A co-worker of mine belongs to a very small church and their donations go towards food for the homeless. They have volunteers that cook and feed close to a hundred homeless people every weekend. The donations pay for all of the food year round. Jw's believe these people still deserve to die despite their charitable works just because they aren't jw's.

• steve2
    steve2

No doubt God’s people will proclaim a hard-hitting judgment message. This may well involve a declaration announcing that Satan’s wicked world is about to come to its complete end.

Run this quote from the latest study Watchtower past me again??? Isn't that the whole point of the preaching work they've been engaged in for nearly 140 years? Now they're saying its future based? WTF?! Rutherford pressured all Witnesses in his day to advertise, advertise, advertise the kingdom and give notice to the churches of Christendom.

Now, they say "No doubt God's people will proclaim a hard-hitting judgment message...may well involve a declaration announcing that Satan's wicked world is about to come to a complete end."

So, my grandparents and parents who devoted their whole lives advertising the kingdom and sounding a warning should have waited?

JW org promotes one chronologically f*cked up endtimes message.

• Dumplin
    Dumplin

This might be off-topic but

Tornintwo suggested: "Just google 'church offers support to refugees' and see what wicked works those of false religion are up to!"

So i did.

On just the first 2 search pages were mentioned: methodist, catholic, lds, episcopalian, baptists, church of england...on and on.

Did I see Jehovah's Witnesses mentioned? I couldn't see them anywhere.

My wife went to the assembly today. I mentioned to her about this WT article. She grew emotionally angry at me, saying "why do you people only attack JWs and not any other religions?"

So I came here to read the comments for a while.

I read some churches website. I saw the picture of the dead boy on the beach. (i won't post it, you can google image it if you want to)

It gave statistics:
    ...ISIS has created the worst humanitarian disaster of our time.
    ...The number of innocent civilians suffering: more than 11 million people are displaced
    ...Half of those 11 million refugees are under the age of 18. There is no such thing as other people’s children. They are all of our children.

I read. I saw many pictures. but when i saw the dead boy on the beach again, i pictured the sexually abused JW children lying there in his place. I can't even type this right now.......

The article talked about whay they are coming: "They are risking everything, — because these families consider themselves dead already..

Right now Syrians consider themselves dead.

Maybe not physically, but psychologically and socially [a Syrian] is a destroyed human being, he’s reached the point of death.”

How many JW refugees have felt dead and managed to escape WT?

• xjwsrock
    xjwsrock

Powerful post Dumplin, thanks for that.

JWs seem to only have emotions for characters in their "storybook."

Its really scary what these religions make out of people.

• Alive!
    Alive!

I remember in the mid 2000s being overseas and visiting family.

One Saturday afternoon, I arrived at a relative's home - I was to stay for the weekend.

They were visibly upset - and after an hour or so, I found out why.

They showed me a tract that had been delivered that morning - one of those 'bold and hard hitting' messages that the FDS had cobbled together, damning all false religion, depicted by macabre illustrations. My relative, a very peaceful athiest, was shaking.

I remember my gut turning as I saw the tract through their eyes - and with hot internal prayers I had to quickly go into damage control after this tract had seriously alienated my relative.

Meanwhile, the FDS were nowhere to be seen as this small, non consequential 'publisher' shed tears over the damage caused by this tract, after all my careful work to show that witness's are a loving 'family' of believers.

• millie210
    millie210

Funny that one of the criteria for living through the coming upheaval is how you treated the annointed.

That got me thinking about just exactly how the GB is treating the anointed.

Theyve stripped them of all power and prestige by claiming that only the GB speaks for God (well the GB and some vague other things inferred by G. Jackson (rocks crying out maybe?)

By doing this they took away the prestige and honor shown them by the publishers as well as effectively placing a gag order on them to say anything at all.

Hows that for how you treat the annointed?

On the bright side however, the GB scrupulously avoids using the word "rapture".

Whats not to like?

• blondie
    blondie

This idea of all non-jws (including minor children and babies) dying FOREVER at Armageddon is an idea the WTS has taught since the 1920's. But jws can't deal with "good" non-jw family members dying like that, including spouses, parents, children and grandchildren.

They just shut their minds to that and believe that some how at the last minute they will become jws. A CO's wife in service said that we would be happy because at Armageddon that would be fighting against Jehovah and trying to kill us...that it would not be hard to hate them. That disturbed me and stuck with me for 40 years when I finally left. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those on the board sat through this concept before.

Here are some quotes over the years:

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/salvation-only-for-jehovahs-witnesses.php

• Oubliette
    Oubliette

Millie: Funny that one of the criteria for living through the coming upheaval is how you treated the anointed.

Never mind that there are almost no anointed in any congregations anywhere.

I guess you can treat them well by proxy through your financial support of the FDS, which coincidentally are the seven leaders of this scam!

Let's review: It's a cult!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit