IF I WERE KING. . .

by drahcir yarrum 6 Replies latest social relationships

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I don't much care for the thought of going to war. I know that it is necessary sometimes and this thing with Iraq may just be one of those times. But, it seems to me that a much simpler solution to the terrorist threat problem would be for the United States to issue the following warning to the Muslim world. The very next time there is a terrorist attact targeted at the United States, whether home or abroad, or against American citizens, we will destroy Mecca and Medina and anyone living nearby at the time. We could then show the world pictures of the guided missles targeted at these locations. I don't know, it's just a thought.

• pr_capone
    pr_capone

It wouldnt matter if we did that because we never would blow up Mecca. There are toooo many Muslims that live within our borders that would act out in anarchy because the U.S blew up Mecca. You also have to remember that its only the Muslim extremists that are wanting to hurt Americans.

Imagine pissing off ALL the Muslims in the world. I'm not so sure even our allies could keep us from gettin our ass whooped, if they acted in our defense at all, by the whole Muslim community.

The US is doing the right thing now by concentrating on just the groups of people that want to endanger the lives of Americans.

• bigboi
    bigboi

Well Richard, if you did that I think every Muslim extremist on the planet would rejoice. That is just the confrontation they would like to see.

• Simon
    Simon

Surely having a few thousand fanatical muslim extremists is better than creating millions?

When the west catches on to the simple fact that destroying people's lives and making people live in miserable conditions with a government that they don't want leads to resentment for the ones who made it happen ... then we may get somewhere.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Note to self: Assasinate drahcir yarrum if he gets into politics or marries royalty.

• Tinkerbell4125
    Tinkerbell4125

SixofNine, you are so funny........I love all your posts!

Tink

• drahcir yarrum
    drahcir yarrum

I didn't say we should initiate a pre-emptive destruction of Mecca and Medina. Did I? What I said is essentially what we've been telling the former Soviet Union, China and North Korea for over 50 years. Attack us and the cost will be too great.

Secondly, millions of Muslim extremist already hate the United States. Simon, where did you get information that it was simply a few thousand extremist Muslims? Most Arab Muslims view us as a nation of infidels. It is irrelevant at any rate because almost all of the Muslim clerics and leaders ARE extremists who want to see the United States destroyed. This is a political-religious group and this is the most dangerous. They know that the attacks of 9-11 seriously damaged our economy and their goal is our economic collapse and therefore our destruction. They don't care if they individually die trying. But to think that their individual actions could result in the destruction of their most holy locations could cause them to take pause.

SixofNine, I can always count on your silly response to any topic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit