Need advice: Intimacy with my wife almost non existint because she considers me an apostate

by goingthruthemotions 103 Replies latest jw experiences

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

@cultbegone - after rereading my post I see where there was room to take my statment as all inclusive regarding women. I didn't intend it to be all inclusive and should have added a qualifier to reflect "some women" or even "a few women".

@jwsaughter- yes i agree i have heard of cases where men also use (withholding)sex as a 'weapon' or tool to manipulate. It is not exclusive to women although i would suggest its more common amongst women, though i will admit i have no data to support that.

• DJS
    DJS

From Elite Daily, Dec. 31, 2012 (this got 2.3 million "Likes" on FB)

"Below are the methods of properly training your man:

Holding Out: As some really smart guy (who I can’t remember the name of) once said, for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. Meaning, every time your man fucks up, he should experience some form of punishment. Since beating the shit out of someone is illegal in this country, I’ve concluded a different and somewhat more effective solution. What better punishment is there for a man than withholding sex? I’m not telling you to use sex as a weapon … actually, yes I am.

Although drastic, not putting out will condition him to never repeat the same mistake twice, or at least repeat it far less. Yelling at him can be a temporary solution, but he’ll never actually understand the repercussions of his actions unless he feels truly deprived. Also, if you are feeling a little deprived and think you can’t hold out any longer, go invest in a pocket rocket."

Men may do it (if so, they are equally vile and wicked). Studies show that the majority of women do it. Double exers have perfected it into an art form. And yes, Steve, this does happen in a vacuum. I've experienced it multiple times with multiple ex-GFs, and not one time was it justified. Not once. Try other methods, XXers. Or find a cuckoldable, weak wristed, spineless man to train. Isn't that attractive in a man.

Not me. Not ever.

• _Morpheus
    _Morpheus

Again, djs beat me to it. I was about to type similar regarding all the things a woman is not to angry to do, like letting a man pay the bills, work on the car, do yard work, cuddle etc etc etc.

i will also elaborate here, im not talking about a day or two of this, maybe some argument over some petty typical married people nonsense... Im refering to a longer periods of time where intimacy is withheld or neglected. When it stretches into a couple of weeks or more somebody needs to get the hell over it or get the hell out.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Just an observation, but it is the rest of us talking about all the other things in a relationship aside from sex, and the OP only seems to talk about that one thing. We're sitting here trying to lay out the complexities of relationships and he's just talking about his "vitality" and equating intimacy solely to sex, which means either we're all battling out this men vs women issue while dude just sits there and grunts out "I want sex". None of us knows much about the OP's relationship because he's going no deeper than the fact that he wants something and she's not cooperating. We have no clue where his responsibility lies because he puts it all on her, which isn't a great sign. It rarely falls squarely on one person's shoulder in any relationship. We all play in to whatever function or dysfunction exists in our marriages and should look inward to start the process of fixing something first. This is coming from a former" blamer" myself. You need to check yourself first and I'm not seeing the OP doing that here.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    DJS: ....using sex as a weapon is the worst thing a woman can do.

Sometimes, that is the only weapon that a woman has to use. In the JW cult, women are disempowered...it is not surprisingly that she will use the only weapon she has. Not surprising at all.

Your wife must want to become intimate with you again on her own rather than because she was pressured, guilted or talked into it.

Exactly. Sex, even within a marriage arrangement, is supposed to be consensual. That is why "rendering the husband his due" is one of the most misogynist statements that can be made in regards to marital relationships.

If women are to be accused of using sex as a weapon, it is because they have been taught that sex is what a man can demand and get because "the bibble says so". The bibble is the weapon that men use to get their "manly" desires satisfied.

Frankly, if I had a husband that pulled that scripture out of his ass to force me to have sex with him, I would tell him to go fuck the bible and leave me alone. Using the bible to force a woman to have sex with him is one of the worst weapons that a man can use. It's pathetic, actually. Pathetic and pitiful.

• DJS
    DJS

OC,

"Frankly, if I had a husband that pulled that scripture out of his ass to force me to have sex with him, I would tell him to go fuck the bible and leave me alone. Using the bible to force a woman to have sex with him is one of the worst weapons that a man can use. It's pathetic, actually. Pathetic and pitiful."

I agree.

• goingthruthemotions
    goingthruthemotions

All the advice i get here is truely helpful.

i know that i am only mentioning the sex part of the relationship...but to me it is the foundation of a healthy relationship and marriage.

it creates intimacy, it creates trust, it creates love....this is the reason so many marriages fail in my opinion.

sex is what drives man kind....it is a beatiful gift from Jesus....the definition of love. you could call it what you want and spin how you want. make it a vulgar thing, make it a beatiful thing. but, make no mistake. it is what makes the world go round!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is whats make marriages work and fail.

if god's willing i will be partaking in sex into my 80's and 90's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

like the saying goes....make love not war. and least of all F%CK the Watchtower!!!!!!!!

and BTW i would never force my wife to have sex with me nor use the bible to that advantage. it's no fun when the other person is not into it.

• dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Most young Witnesses get married to have sex. How's that work out as a foundation for marriage? All of the people I grew up with got married young and horny and divorced, and it is a plague among the dubs.
  • dubstepped
    dubstepped
    Also, sex comes from trust and love and intimacy, it doesn't create it. Again, I recommend marriage counseling or at least reading some books on the subject.
  • OrphanCrow
    OrphanCrow
    goingthru: i know that i am only mentioning the sex part of the relationship...but to me it is the foundation of a healthy relationship and marriage.
    it creates intimacy, it creates trust, it creates love....this is the reason so many marriages fail in my opinion.

Well, there you go. Now we know what the issue is.

Men have it backwards.

Women want the intimacy, trust and love before the sex act occurs. Men don't bother with all those messy, time consuming acts of love first...they think that it magically happens after their sexual urges are satisfied.

Newsflash! : intimacy, trust and love do not require an emission of bodily fluids. In fact, for most women in marriages, that emission of bodily fluids has to come after those emotional needs are looked after first, not before.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit