'tis been a while

by praying_mantis 1 Replies latest jw friends

• praying_mantis
    praying_mantis

I think it has been two years since I posted. My mom, however, has been dropping hints that I need to get "right with Jehovah". This of course terrifies me, considering world events, and of course I always end up here when I need a little reassurance.

Anyways, I have a question: I live in Texas...1500 miles from home. Some sisters showed up at my door once and I told them I was DA'd. One of them said there was a program for "people like you" where they could study for 6 months and be reinstated...or something like that. Has anyone ever heard of something like that????? Also, my husband said that he read something about blood transfusions on the net....and he said that the society has now stated that blood transfusions are alright to accept, as long as one is repentant afterwards. What is this crap???? Is this true????

Sorry for the questions....I just feel so confused about things right now. Nice to see everyone again.

Nic

• Francois
    Francois

I really wish I could answer your questions, Nic. But I don't for the life of me know where the JWs are this week on any given spirit-inspired policy, especially on the one about blood where God's immutable, unchanging law is as clear as the ring of a big brass bell on a cold winter day. Last I believe I heard, they were on the brink of a "don't ask, don't tell" policy on that - modeled on the Sleazemeister's gays in the military directive.

Someone will no doubt post with the goodies you seek sometime soon.

I just wanted to post to say hello. I note you've posted ten times since 2001 and I was also wondering how you find the energy to rattle on like that over the years. Ten! You must be exhausted. How DO you do it?

From time to time, I play court jester around these parts, and I guess tonight's the night.

What's with mama? You're a grown woman 1500 miles from home and she's putting the fear into you with her "get right with Jehovah" mantra? Why don't you tell her that in view of world events, you're working on your relationship with Allah at the moment, and see what she has to say? (Just kidding)

The JW House of Cards, built on nothing more than pure spiritual evil, is on its way out I sincerely hope, along with the Dodo, the T. Rex, and the Carolina Parakeet. Let it be so.

Come back more often, now you here, specially since you know the way?

francois

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit