Attempted or successful suicides

by berylblue 6 Replies latest jw friends

• berylblue
    berylblue

Anyone know of persons who tried to kill themselves or did kill themselves when they were DF?

I know of two myself. And while I didn't try, I certainly felt like it.

Beryl

• berylblue
    berylblue

Oh, and I would tell Jehovah I'd save him the trouble of killing me at Armegeddon. Then I 'd feel awful and pray for forgiveness, because I knew it wouldn't be any trouble for him to kill me at all.

Instead of praying for forgiveness for thinking of taking my life....

Beryl

• Shutterbug
    Shutterbug

I had a nephew commit suicide at the age of 29 after being raised in the Kingdom Hall. Was it the fault of the FDS ? I have no way of knowing. More coming on this story in about three months. Bug

• oldcrowwoman
    oldcrowwoman

Yes I lost a friend in the late 1970's. She was disfellow shipped. She was dealing childhood sexual abuse. She was Biopolar. The Elders had no way of dealing with mental illness. It's easier to DF'ed. than to deal with issues. She tried many many times to kill herself an finally succeeded.

I found out three weeks later from another friend that she died. I was pretty upset she said well I would'nt be going to her furneral because she df'ed. I said that was'nt right. It would be my decision whether I would go or not.!!! Talk about anger!! And you know what I would have gone to her furneral. Out of respect for her family. Her husband was Dfed too.

BeryBlue I support you in talking to someone if thoughts come up wanting to hurt yourself. I don't know if you are courting the idea or not??

Keep close the forum.

All the Best Oldcrowwoman

• Brandy5
    Brandy5

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Beryl))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

This so called religion does NOT have the So Called TRUTH.

WTS is a BRAINWASHING CULT

YOUR LIFE IS PRECIOUS!

Please seek help if that thought even crosses your mind.

NO LOVING GOD would use the JW to speek through.

No Loving God would back the things they do.

WTS is a BRAINWASHING CULT

YOUR LIFE IS PRECIOUS!

Please take a look at this site. On the left hand side click on each of the things listed.

http://quotes.jehovahswitnesses.com/

It may help you to see just how stupid the WTS really are.

REMEMBER YOUR LIFE IS PRECIOUS!

hugs,

brandy

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

my dad, actually, beryl. not successful but he stated his intent and we put him in the hospital.

jackie

• Scully
    Scully

I was suicidal following the Memorial in 1994, when it became apparent that there was an agreement between the elders and the servers to make certain that I did not get to pass the emblems. I had been sick with post-natal depression and had generally been treated like a pariah in the congregation for over a year prior to that incident.

My exact thoughts at the time were that I was going to save Jehovah the trouble of destroying me at Armageddon. I never realized until I read your post Berylblues, that other people had ever felt that way.

Love, Scully

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit