My take on Sunday's R.C. cleveland ohio

by nowwhat? 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

7100 peak att. 28 baptised .038 growth. Don't ask ages.

Absolutely nothing new morning symposium. Nations will declare peace and security

U.n. and nations will destroy Babylon the great.

We do judgment message.

Gog of magog will attack us but fail.

No new twists or anything same stuff as last 50 years.

Nice public talk on the ressurection hope.

Very professionally well done movie about Jonah.

Last talk featured the now famous video of Jesus coming out of the clouds to save his people. Very emotionally manipulative. Even though I seen it a few times already I got a little choked up. So it served its purpose. Also they were pushing a us vs. Them mentality. No mention about a convention next year. Rumor has it there will be no more after this year.

• nowwhat?
    nowwhat?

Also there is a buzz in the area about upcoming shifting and closings of congregations in the cleveland area. I guess they never heard the expression " rearranging deck chairs on the titanic!

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

I have noticed that the baptisms are usually right around a .03% growth rate this year. This is probably accurate for the U.S. But I suspect that in third world countries it's a lot higher and that's where they will probably get their 1.5% total growth from.

• sir82
    sir82

Remember that there are 3 opportunities for baptism every year.

It's hard - impossible, actually - to extrapolate global growth rates from a single local data point.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I'll be there in a few weeks, unfortunately.

• Tallon
    Tallon
    I'll be there in a few weeks, unfortunately.

You have my deepest sympathies.

• My Name is of No Consequence
    My Name is of No Consequence

I know this is off topic, but a few years ago, I saw a "brother" sitting down reading a newspaper like he was in his living room! Hilarious! It was just before the program was to commence, but c'mon! Looking back on it now, I wonder if he knew TTATT.

• I Faded Twice
    I Faded Twice

All i did for the last ones I went too were play tablet games and eat candy. Then the ass hats changed our R.C. and there were NO seats families scattered all over. I actually got there 30 minutes early and i would guess around 100 were walking out. And im pretty sure with the intention of not going back in because they carried cooler and all back out with them.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit