Koresh & The Watchtower Society

by Gerard 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gerard
  • Flip
    Flip

A clever, government approved corporation administering the business of God, would provide enough stimuli to convince its adherents that if they knew what was good for them, they should gladly provide free labor, purchase huge volumes of cheaply produced in-house goods at relatively huge mark-ups thus supplying a tax-free river of cash to develop more infra-structure.

In stark contrast, as the leader of the Branch Dividians, Koresh most likely believed in his own twisted religious rhetoric resulting in what appeared to me as a hugely wasteful but dramatic demise for employee and manipulated alike.

If there were any cosmic relevance guiding both types of self-important organizations it would exhibit qualities of the crass and the financially mundane. Laughable, if not for the litany of personal tragedies of loss of life and hereditary community left in their wake.

Edited by - Flip on 15 February 2003 15:25:57

• neyank
    neyank

I think one of the main problems with exiting a cult is admiting to yourself that you were involved with one.

No one wants to think of themselves as gulible, nieve, stupid, ect....

I'm sure we all (ex JWs) would like to think that we joined the WTS because we researched what they taught and found that they taught the'truth'.

But of course we eventually found out just the oposite.
    That they didn't have the 'truth'.

The similarities between the cults is amazing.

They all follow the same patern.

The WTS is a cult just like the others.

neyank

• Wolfgirl
    Wolfgirl

"I think one of the main problems with exiting a cult is admiting to yourself that you were involved with one."

I completely agree with that. Which is why I highly doubt my sister will ever "see the light."

• archangel01
    archangel01

I'm getting that book

• kwijibo
    kwijibo

Wh

• kwijibo
    kwijibo

Who's this David Millar guy and where does he fit in? Iv'e never heard of him.

Kwiji.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit