Can you all please teach me your new light when you learn it?

by angelamarieglass 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• angelamarieglass
    angelamarieglass

A letter written to JW family and friends:

I'd like to know why you no longer believe in an "invisible presence" (1874/1914), and who it is that is depicted as appearing in your Summer Convention video riding in from the clouds on a white horse (like Christ) and with a bow and arrow like the first horsemen of the apocalypse (who rides alone, then followed by the other three horsemen) AND the army from heaven clothed in white linen who are supposed to ride with the faithful and true (who carries a sword, and is NOT to be confused with the imposter) is, please.
    Video w/ lyrics and scripture as commentary: https://www.facebook.com/angelamarieglass/videos/10107996987100648/

The first horseman of apocalypse is clearly the person, as he's carrying a bow and arrow. However, why is he appearing as-if Christ (with Christ's "faithful, loyal, and chosen" accompanying him) with a bow and arrow to rescue you?

And if so, then you have finally admitted Christ hasn't come yet? Because the first horseman only precedes Christ's coming, he doesn't follow.

Or you're sticking to invisible or visible only to those with special eyes of faith you're praying for, and what is the video depicting again?

Doesn't 2 Thessalonians 2 (please read, consider is there any other god but Jehovah, most high over all the earth? Ps 83:18, NWT) warn that Christ won't come until that* guy does, and that Christ does away with him by his coming?

*son of destruction = doesn't "hovah" (HVH) mean ruin, disaster,
    while 'hawah' (as used in YHWH) means 'to breathe; to be'?

I'm waiting on YHWH (to breathe) is waiting on something different than your waiting on JHVH (for ruin, disaster). I agree both are gods.

So why are they looking for the first horseman of the apocalypse to rescue them? Do you now believe in the rapture? Because if that were Christ, that's when he's come with his bride to receive his guests, those alive at his coming, to his wedding feast. That army behind the imposter is the 144,000 of Revelation dressed in pure, fine, linen, regardless of where they appear, for the same one reason given in Revelation... they are the first resurrection. That means it SHOULD be the Christ with them... they go everywhere he goes, according to scripture.

Remember, the great crowd doesn't die in the great tribulation, they come out of it. However multiple times Revelation calls for "endurance" like your video—that is reserved for "the saints" of Revelation who die and are the first resurrection. (Endurance means to 'remain under' hence people referring to those 'left behind' of which the 144,000 will endure faithful to their death, then get resurrected as first resurrection to arrive with Christ in pure linen and horses on the clouds at his coming, per the story.)

So you have the great crowd, and 144,000: guests, a bride, and the Lamb is the groom...

But that scene requires a guy on a white horse WITH A SWORD and he's not wearing white so much as a garmet dipped in blood.

If this were Hollywood you'd be fired. Wait, this is Hollywood. Your religion's interpretation of scripture is flawed and they made a movie about it. I'm offended.

“Actually, it was Flavor Aid, not Kool-Aid, that the Jim Jones cult used to commit mass suicide.” over 300 children died

I believe you should all take seriously what it means to be "drinking the kool-aid".

To what effect are these errors and with what consequences? Aren't you all poised and ready to obey Jehovah's earthly organization regardless...?

You believe everyone dies at Armageddon but you.

You believe all Christians die, and only one religion survives.

I'm a Christian, I am not a Jehovah's Witness. By your rules, I have no hope:

Only Jehovah’s Witnesses, those of the anointed remnant and the "great crowd,” as a united organization under the protection of the Supreme Organizer, have any Scriptural hope of surviving the impending end of this doomed system dominated by Satan the Devil.” —The Watchtower September 1, 1989 p.19

What is the good news? I thought that was scriptural hope of salvation for all mankind based on faith alone? When did your religion become the only means to salvation? When did Jehovah replace the only name given to men under heaven by which we may be saved?

It is vital that we appreciate this fact and respond to the directions of the “slave” as we would to the voice of God, because it is His provision.”
    — The Watchtower June 15, 1957 p.370
    Don't obey as if it's the voice of Jehovah... as if it's the voice of God... then transfer God's rights to Jehovah... and invisible Jesus to earthly spirit directed organization...
    Have you been taught to use God’s name, Jehovah? If not, your salvation is in jeopardy, for ‘everyone who calls on the name of Jehovah will be saved’.”
    — The Watchtower August 15, 1997 pg. 6

Do I believe the Watchtower or the scripture? Why don't you fix your bible to read like your religion teaches? Obviously my salvation isn't in jeopardy, but I'm worried about yours.

You DO believe that the "name" is "Jesus", right?

There is literally NO manuscript on the planet to backup your claim for Jehovah and his inclusion in the Greek scriptures...

Compare this contradictory claim in Acts 2 with yours in Acts 4:

One verse claims there's no other name, and then your bible says that there is, and that it's "Jehovah" literally.
    Who is right? The Word of God or your bible?
    Your baptism vows dedicate your children to Jehovah and a spirit directed organization instead of the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Ask your children to identify for you thenoun and adjectives and explain to the difference between the vows from scripture and Jehovah's baptism vows. Then you can teach them —to believe a religion is the voice of God and if they are disfellowshipped for smoking they will die at worldwide Armageddon because they say so.

Maybe one day they will get baptized into the name of the holy spirit instead of some organization.
    Your vows failed to acknowledge
    1. the Father,
    2. the Son, and
    3. the Holy Spirit.
    Jehovah is not the Father, mentioning a sacrifice as the basis for the vow isn't the same as 'in the name of the Son' and no organization is equal to spirit, let alone holy spirit.

You know what happens when you blaspheme holy spirit?

Mark 3:28-30: "Truly I tell you, all sins and blasphemes will be forgiven for the sons of men. But whoever blasphemes against the Holy Spirit will never be forgiven, but is guilty of an eternal sin. He said this because they [the Pharisees] were saying, 'He has an evil spirit'."

I am saying, "they have an evil spirit". I'm identifying the spirit directing the organization as not being "holy" spirit. I am not blaspheming against holy spirit, I'm pointing out the blasphemy.
    It should be shocking. Sure the vows are based on the premise of the ritual in scripture, but it's a whole other vow and commitment to an entirely different team. It's JHVH —not YHWH— god's (not God's) spirit (not holy spirit, mind you) organization. I guess standing before God they can say it was our choice, we made the vow willfully, if not ignorantly.
    *cough* unfaithful slave *cough*
    protecting pedophiles
    *cough* widows and orphans *cough*
    a virgin doesn't need two witnesses when she's raped
    *cough*
    I still marvel at how you don't mind that it's not even a holy-spirit-directed organization, but just simply a 'spirit' directed one. I mean it's not like Jehovah is hiding. The whole point of this email is that your video is so inspiring but wrong. It inspired lots of fear in me. If only it weren't intended to do just that...
    Fear has a great hold on the people. People are afraid of what their neighbors, their friends, relatives and clergy might think if they were even so much as to read the Bible on their own. For centuries the clergy have dominated their lives, told them what they can read, what they should believe and do.To ask a sound religious question is a demonstration of lack of faith in God and the church, according to the clergy. As a result, the Irish people do very little independent thinking. They are victims of the clergy and fear; but freedom is in sight.”
    — The Watchtower, August 1, 1958, p. 460

I'm Irish. I find this offensive. I find your religion pot calling the kettle black. How are they any different from any other denomination of Babylon the great?

Die for Jehovah

What if a powerful government were to hatch a plot to exterminate Jehovah’s Witnesses as an organization? Many men in modern times have attempted to do just that but have failed. Recounting how Jehovah has helped his people in the past will instill in us confidence to face the future.—Dan. 3:28 —“Of Whom Shall I Be in Dread?” The Watchtower July 15, 2012 para 6

Daniel 3:28 tells us “they were willing to die rather than serve or worship any god except their own God.”

No creature or organization on earth can truly presume to sit as the supreme tribunal of interpretation of the Holy Bible." —The Watchtower July 15, 1943 pg.202

OBEY THE SPIRIT DIRECTED ORG,
    REGARDLESS OF WHAT YOU THINK HUMAN!
    • At that time, the life-saving direction that we receive from Jehovah’s organization may not appear practical from a human standpoint. ****All of us must be ready to obey any instructions we may receive, whether these appear sound from a strategic or human standpoint or not****.”
      — The Watchtower, November 15, 2013, pp. 16-20, para 17
    w69 3/15 p. 166 Why It Is Wise to Examine Your Religion We need to examine, not only what we personally believe, but also what is taught by any religious organization with which we may be associated. Are its teachings in full harmony with God’s Word, or are they based on the traditions of men? If we are lovers of the truth, there is nothing to fear from such an examination. It should be the sincere desire of every one of us to learn.
    The video depicts Jehovah's Witnesses (a.k.a. all JW's except 144k JW's who've likely already died a peaceful death long before) being turned on...
    What is the scripture they are depicting?
    Babylon the Great is turned on, but you don't identify as a member of Babylon.
    The great tribulation of Matthew 24 applies, but only to those he was speaking to... the Jews will have great tribulation, like none that has ever been seen—and think: the holocaust!—known as "the time of Jacob's trouble". We will come, as a great crowd of ALL people, out of the great tribulation... but the end of the story is written for them who are left behind... the Jews, the 144,000, and everyone else.
    The 144,000 are the bride, Israel, for the Lamb the groom, and the guests are those clothed in white robes and given access to the city (the bride, is also a city, New Jerusalem, and we are it's citizens) by it's gates, and to the tree of life in the paradise of God.
    The first rider of the horsemen of the apocalypse doesn't come to save anyone in Revelation, and certainly not to save people from the great tribulation, Jehovah's Witnesses or not. Christ comes, and HE ALONE is salvation, his name Yehowah'shua means YHWH's salvation. e.g. 'hovah's 'shua would be 'disaster's salvation'.
    Likewise, Babylon the great falling isn't supposed to have anything to do with you, and the world confusing you with Babylon and turning on you first doesn't count as fulfilling Revelation's the world turns on Babylon the great.
    They will surround you and dash your children is prophecy, but also not for you. Remember, Israel became a nation 70 years ago.
    This is the generation that sees all these things happening...
    So who's pretending to be Christ in your video and what does it mean, please?

With love,
    Angela Marie Glass
    “The Scriptural proof is that the second presence of the Lord Jesus Christ began in 1874 A.D.† —Prophecy 1929 p.65
    “The year 1914, therefore, marks the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, the King of glory.” — Watchtower 1933 Dec 1 p.362

“The year 1914, therefore, marks the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, the King of glory.” — Watchtower 1933 Dec 1 p.362

• DesirousOfChange
    DesirousOfChange

YAWN............Does the fact that I just don't give a **** [enter your choice of expletives] mean that I'm moving on from "XJW" to "ex-XJW"?

Or, that anyone who writes a diatribe like this is for their first post is probably a "clone" of previous posters that Simon has banned?

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy

I’m surprised they still were teaching jesus second coming in 1914 in 1933.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Teach me your "new light" ...

Sure:

After coming to understand the the WTBTS/JW religion is a corrupt and false cult, I now only believe in things for which their is strong evidence.

And when I say evidence, I do NOT mean some yahoo saying "Evidently, ..." and then failing to provide any.

I mean real, substantial, tangible, measurable and repeatably so evidence.

• steve2
    steve2

Do you really think JWs would even bother to read your extremely long diatribe?

Put it this way: Even those sympathetic to the points you raise would find it hard going getting through it.

As newspaper editors used to exclaim, “Shorten it then shorten it again and again”.

Concise communication gets straight to the point without labouring it - that’s what works best.

• jp1692
    jp1692

Omit needless words,” advises William Strunk in the original edition of The Elements of Style, a bible for writers. He then says:

Vigorous writing is concise. A sentence should contain no unnecessary words, a paragraph no unnecessary sentences, for the same reason that a drawing should have no unnecessary lines and a machine no unnecessary parts. This requires not that the writer make all his sentences short, or that he avoid all detail and treat his subjects only in outline, but that every word tell.

• Giordano
    Giordano

Welcome to the Forum Angelamarieglass! Long name too.....lol.

Well aren't we a grumpy bunch of JW's. what did you guys do pull in your welcome mats?

Angela, if I may, that was obviously a lot of work to assemble and share.

Since I threw out my bible and every Watchtard publication I had some 5 decades ago...... I am sorry to say that I have little use for cherry picked scripture and what, if anything, it means. I do understand that a clear inquisitive mind such as yours can give a JW or better yet a JW Elder fits.

However we do have a select few on this forum who should get around to reading what you wrote and reasoned on........ or at least some of it.

I never had a strong faith in JW dogma when I was in and certainly nothing for the WTBTS and their ever changing beliefs and later how they used criminal means to control their followers.

On the other hand we, as a group, are pretty good at trying to help those put their lives back together. Or just needing to communicate with live people who accept your right to have strong opinions, share research etc.

Brevity is helpful....think of using a single shot rifle not a Gatling gun.

• jp1692
    jp1692
    Giordano: aren't we a grumpy bunch of JW's. what did you guys do pull in your welcome mats?

We read the OP ... LOL!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit