I need some help with mom

by armorgan 3 Replies latest jw experiences

• armorgan
    armorgan

My mom is 54 years old and the bitter and unhappy result of a lifetime of sadness that is i believe a direct result of the watchtowers grip on her life and the family. She has basically decided that she no longer needs god. It seems as if she blames Jehovah for her unhappiness. I hate to see that because it isnt god's fault that there is a controlling organization that ruins peoples lives. She seems to want to stay in that mindset. I think lately she is trying to pull herself out of it. I want her to find someone to love so much it hurts sometimes. I think that she deserves so much more, but try convincing her of that. It has been 13 years since her and my dad split, it is time for her to find happiness. Anyone here a single older respectable Gentleman, with morals, and intelligence, who is about 50 or 60 something. Mom is a short cute little woman, with brains and spunk, who likes movies and reading and is a teacher. she has many good qualities that are going to waste.

• LoneWolf
    LoneWolf

Hi, there!

I wish you and her all the luck and happiness in the world in this matter. I can't help, at least in the manner you suggest, as I'm already happily married and have been for more than 42 years now. I wholeheartedly agree that everyone needs and deserves to know what that is like.

I think that the reason that so few find it anymore is that the idea that marriage is a partnership formed for the purpose of working together to reach goals and defend against problems that would be impossible for either to do as individuals, has been mostly forgotten. Now the prime concern is "What's in it for me?" That generally includes the philosophy of "Well, I'll give you some love, if you give me some first and I approve of the way you do it."

Few have the necessary courage to allow themselves to be vulnerable, but trust and faith are what make a marriage. Without it, you have nothing.

Take care, and don't be discouraged.

LoneWolf

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Hello Armorgan, welcome to the board.

Does your mom have a puter? Perhaps coming here would do her some good.

JamesT

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

[brown] I think that she's right about that god - she's much better off without the jw god, and I'd be adamant about staying in that mindset myself.

You're right, she does need to be loved, to believe that it exists - an unconditional, never failing, never ending support of true love - sometimes it's not easy to keep the faith - that Love does exist - especially when all you have known is the opposite.

Show her love - it's a good start. [/brown]

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit