How many Grandparents in your Hall?

by Riley 3 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Riley
    Riley

I am technically involved with a hall that has never few young ones and lots of older childless ones. Or if they have children , their children haven’t had any children.

Very weird stuff. The problem I have is some of these people have decided to try and insert themselves as some kind of surrogate grandparent role.

I am so done with these people. You told your kids the world is going to end next week for the past 40 years and you wonder you have no grandchildren. Leave my kid alone.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

My question to you Riley is why do you still attend meetings ? and subject your children to this cult ?

If I read your post correctly ?

• DarleneGatus
    DarleneGatus

We served in foreign language congregations where there were few children, or ours were the only one (eventually we had two) that were "born in".

Older and childless brothers and sisters, especially sisters, would sometimes feel the need to insert themselves in a "grandparent" role. My sons generally did not like this.

Your duty of care is primarily to your children, and you have to do what's best for them. Don't let anyone pressure you into something that you feel as a parent to be wrong for your child.

• Hellothere
    Hellothere

I would be straight up with everyone and tell them point black. With recent developments in organizations regarding Child abuse cases,I don't want anyone adult making friendship with my children. Get your own children or friends at your own age. Maeby sounds harsh. But you must protect your children

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit