support group in MN area...

by AuSet 7 Replies latest jw friends

• AuSet
    AuSet

Hi everyone!
    I am in the beginning stages of starting a support group in the MN area and would like help from others who have expertise in this area, or from those interested in attending/joining...
    Thanks, Annette

• peaceloveharmony
    peaceloveharmony

Hey Annette, i would love to help you with this. my first question is where would we meet? in the cities or near you? please let me know. maybe we could have a couple of support groups, like one for metro area and one for outstate mn? i have an inactive friend who would most likely want to help as well. keep me informed

love
    harmony

• AuSet
    AuSet

PeaceLoveHarmony,
    I'm thinking we could meet in the Twin Cities, I have contacted a few people who are interested, and have some experience with groups. One person I contacted is currently inactive, and another person had been raised in a fundamentalist Christian sect, but his background and experiences are the same. I have lots of ideas as far as what the group would be about...if nothing else we could all just get together for laughs once a month or so, and we could commute down to the Twin Cities area and all meet up somewhere.

• Thirdson
    Thirdson

AuSet,

Would you e-mail me.

Thanks,

Thirdson

'To avoid criticism, say nothing, do nothing, be nothing'

• Gopher
    Gopher

AuSet,

I didn't read the posts yesterday, and look what I missed. I am in the west suburban Minneapolis area, and know of 1 or 2 who might have some interest. Harmony & I recently had a mini-gathering as well; perhaps you read my post "apostates night out".

You can e-mail me ( [email protected]).

Gopher

• Jimmer
    Jimmer

Hey, Gopher!
    It was nice seeing you the other evening.
    A support group? Hmmm...
    Keep me posted. Maybe I'll know a few.
    Or maybe I could drop in on one of them.
    If there is one thing ex-jws need, its company with individuals who have had similar life experiences in the wtbts.
    Check you later.

• SanFranciscoJim
    SanFranciscoJim

Just FYI....
    The third international conference of A Common Bond, the support network for gay & lesbian JW's & ex-JW's will be held in Minneapolis this August. (Heterosexual ex-JW's will be more than welcome, too.)
    The conference's web page is at:
    * http://www.geocities.com/acommonbond/conference.html
    JIM

• Gopher
    Gopher

SF Jim, thanks for the post & the invite. Hopefully the weather will be bright and clear for the conference here. (It really doesn't snow here in August, LOL.)

Gopher

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit