A day in the life of the WTS

by Gig 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Gig
    Gig

Still I try to find a way to talk with my JW friend about the WTS. Pretty much every conversation, at least so far, has ended similarly...with my friend falling back on "classic" WT defenses. One of which I single out today...the insistence that they are the one true religion because they are the ONLY ones who go "house to house". My observation is this: There hasn't been a single day in the history of the WTS that their "official" doctrine/policy hasn't been false in a substantial way. And, oddly enough, these falsehoods have often been what is emphasized on the doorsteps. These false teachings are the undeniable result of "going beyond what is written", which the Bible specifically forbids yet the WTS has done consistently. So my question...would I be correct in saying that there has never been a time, even a single day, that the WTS wasn't preaching something, something they themselves concluded as significant, that has since been changed? One unrelated observation: even if the WTS finally got their lights right and all their teachings were true, I would still find them entirely unacceptable because of their manner and method of teaching. I doubt they will ever give up any sort of authority until God himself removes any remaining question.

Also, do I understand correctly (haven't seen/read the article) that the WTS claimed (in 1999?) that basically this generation will not pass before the end? I realize the chosen wording is different and isn't quoting Jesus, but is this happening again?

• Rihannsu
    Rihannsu

Mormons go house to house too, so tell him YOU are not the only weirdos that go house to house!

• Gig
    Gig

I was aware of the Mormons, any others out there knocking on doors?

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld
    So my question...would I be correct in saying that there has never been a time, even a single day, that the WTS wasn't preaching something, something they themselves concluded as significant, that has since been changed?

No no no no - you don't get it. See, that was old light. It wasn't untrue at the time. It is of course untrue now, but what they teach now will remain true until new light make today's new light old light. Got it? Sheeesh, such a simple thing

• johnny cip
    johnny cip

gig; that was a very good kick on the wt.. on fact one of the best i heard in awhile... short and to the point... that is called what i like to say giving the jw's NO QUARTER... TRY THIS ONE when exposing any wt false teaching.. after asking the question , then ask if that rotten spritual food..was WORSHIP PLEASING TO JEHOVAH..... and keep asking it ... because the new wt's call the old books bible truth etc... then give an example from a new wt etc... so is this the new light the wt teaches... that old false prophecy was worship pleasing to jehovah... then take them to zeph 3:13 it's very easy stick to your point and keep asking was that worship pleasing to jehovah .... thank you gig i will add what you said to my pitch..... keep up the good work.....john

• Buster
    Buster

Gig,

Thru history there has been no shortage of those taking the word of God out to the masses. How do we think the natives in the New World got so darned Catholic? Maybe that was hut-to-hut and doesn't qualify. Ok, there were a few skirmishes called the Crusades where regions in the Middle East were liberated from non-believers. But that sounds more like 'thru doors' than 'to doors.'

Seriously tho, the dubs are out of their minds if they think they are the ones bringing the word around. Their major footholds are in countries that are largely christian believers anyway. So if they claim to be spreading the good news more than others, it is that they are spreading the value of their specific set of beliefs. 98% of the work is already done by other orgs, throughout history. Otherwise they would need to start with, "This is a bible. god wrote it. It starts here, at the beginning, see 'In the beginning ...'"

If there is one organization that is responsible for spreading the gospel, I would have to give it to the Catholics - they did decide on what books were actually the bible (maybe they threw in a few Apochryphals, so what). Some would give more credit to some Protestants for getting the bible in the hands of the common people.

Whadayya think?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit