JWfacts: Excellent 15 minute video and script presentation - "Growing up a Jehovah's Witness"

by AndersonsInfo 8 Replies latest jw friends

• AndersonsInfo
    AndersonsInfo

http://www.jwfacts.com/watchtower/growing-up-a-jehovahs-witness.php

"Growing Up a Jehovah's Witness"

Following the title, is the statement,

"The best way to understand a Jehovah's Witness is through an examination of the information they receive in their formative years on key aspects of life."

How true!

There's so much information in this video that we identified with as we raised our son to be a JW. Consequently, he remains a dedicated JW. It was mind-manipulation or persuasion and influence at its worst or at its best, whichever!

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I was born in 1957 and can relate to the mind controlling information I had to endure while growing up.

• steve2
    steve2

A well presented factual overview of the FOG (Fear, Obligation and Guilt) that shapes a JW child's thinking as he or she grows up in the organization with lots of citations from JW organization's own publications.

It also includes a sobering rejoinder to those who argue the modern-day organization is more humane than it once was: Despute cosmetic changes, the organization's shunning practices are as strictly enforced as ever, with the ever-present threat of losing your entire family and support system if you question any aspect of JW organization.

• LevelThePlayingField
    LevelThePlayingField

Excellent video. A person can check every single reference made and see it is factual. Try that with the Watchtower's publications and you will see that they are not factual.

My hat goes off to jwfacts.com

• life is to short
    life is to short

Excellent, that is exactly how I grew up, I am so thankful to ones like jwfacts for the dignified way he presents the fact.

Thanks Barbara for sharing this, also thank you for all of your hard work and how much help you have given to everyone. I really appreciate you and all you have done.

LITS

• wannaexit
    wannaexit

I saw this a while back. It's an excellent video. I felt as if it captured my personal life as a child of this religion. I was born in 1959. Sometimes I cry for the younger me, indoctrinated to such level

I remember well, the fear I felt going through the paradise book and looking at the pictures of Armageddon.

By the time I was in grade 5, I was discouraged from doing well in school. A sister gave me the advice to only get by at school and not to worry about getting good grades, after all, the end was only a few years away.

I will be saluting 60 years soon....What a waste of a young life.

• flipper
    flipper

Barbara- Wow. Thanks for posting this you tube . Paul Grundy did a fabulous job on this. Thanks Paul as well. It so accurately describes what each of us - including myself - went through being raised from birth into this criminal organization. The stress of being controlled, the stress of not being able to pursue high school sports - my JW dad as an elder wouldn't let me go play for the freshman high school baseball team due to being around so-called " bad associations " and it would allegedly interfere with " meetings " on Tuesdays.

And like the man in the you tube I was told I'd never get married or have children in this " system of things " and now look- in 2017 I have adult children and on my way to 60 years old in a few years. The tactics the WT Society uses to keep pounding JW's over the head through fear and guilt manipulation is criminal, absolutely criminal. Total lives have been wasted by JW's who might have made a good career or living if they had been allowed to go to college or a university. And that's not even mentioning the bloodguilt on WT leaders heads for the abhorrent on blood transfusion policies that have murdered thousands of JW's including minor children.

As Paul Grundy stated - the sooner governments force controlling religions to start honoring the United Nations creed for treatment of humans on this planet in a positive way - the better. Religions like Jehovah's Witnesses, Scientology, and other belief systems get away with FAR too much in the world we live in. They need to be held accountable just like we as normal citizens are held accountable

• freddo
    freddo

Strange isn't it? I'm 12,000 miles away from Paul Grundy in New Zealand and yet that could have been my life - same publications, same drivel at assemblies - same indoctrination.

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

When I was growing up, I was actually told that "worldy" parents didn't love their children as much as JWs, "Christendom" over-occupied themselves with charity work to compensate for not going door-to-door the way "true" Christians were supposed to (and/or knew JWs had "the Truth" but didn't like it), and that scientists secretly knew evolution was false, but subscribed to it anyway because they didn't want to serve God...

...that basically everyone else was "wicked" except JWs.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit