To lovely Lily

by StiLLinTruth 1 Replies latest jw friends

• StiLLinTruth
    StiLLinTruth

Nice website there, Lil!

>Imagine having to choose between your family and your freedom.

Why would anyone want to do that? Here's a suggestion. Take both, by remaining faithful to the word, and to the congregation.

>That's what happened to me. My name is Lily Paige, and I am a >survivor of religious shunning.

Survivor eh? What would have been the other alternative? Suicide?

>The reason that they practice shunning is to punish

Lily, don't lie. The reason "they" practice shunning is because it's clearly taught in the Bible. <quote mode>

(KJV)

1Co 5:13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

2Jo 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed

1Corinthians 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

</quote mode>

>and cause you to see the need to repent from your ways. Sincere >people inside this Organization believe that it is the only loving >thing to do...

Loving, yes, and the only biblical thing to do. We're concerned with going by the Book, not making you feel comfortable with your religion. If you can't accept the Bible for what it is, choose another religion (as you probably have).

>so they do it. No matter the cost.

2Ti 3:16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness

That's right, Lily. May I suggest you correct your website, and explain why we are required to shun.

-HaveAniceDay

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Still.......
    what a Loving post you made......

perhaps you should read the website

http://www.jw-media.org/beliefs/beliefsfaq.htm
    Do you shun former members?

Those who simply cease to be involved in the faith are not shunned. In compliance with the Scriptures, however, members can be expelled for serious unchristian conduct, such as stealing, drunkenness, or adultery, if they do not repent and cease such actions. Disfellowshipping does not sever family ties. Disfellowshipped members may continue to attend religious services, and if they wish, they may receive pastoral visits. They are always welcome to return to the faith.—1 Corinthians 5:11-13.

SO still are you JUDGING lily , as wicked......
    nice job!....

1Cr 5:11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.

is she one of these?

once again Still you ahve managed to learn how to take scripture out of context.....

Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

2Jo 1:10 If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into [your] house, neither bid him God speed:
    ..............the doctrine.....is what exactly?

By the way still
    perhaps you are familar with how Jesus felt about Judging people....even those caught doing somehting wrong

And the scribes and Pharisees brought unto him a woman taken in adultery; and when they had set her in the midst,

Jhn š A4 They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act.

Jhn 8:5 Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou?

Jhn 8:6 This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with [his] finger wrote on the ground, [as though he heard them not].

Jhn 8:7 So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.

Jhn 8:8 And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground.

Jhn 8:9 And they which heard [it], being convicted by [their own] conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, [even] unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst.

Jhn 8:10 When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee?

Jhn 8:11 She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

so Still......are you ready..so we can come judge you!?
    S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit