Thinking about the faders in Russia

by Funchback 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Funchback
    Funchback

Imagine that you are fading and then, one day, the government bans your religion.

You no longer should have to fake it. Your fade has now been done for you.

But, imagine the fader who now must attend bunker meetings just to maintain being part of the JW family.

For me, the ban would be my ticket out, but I imagine that some faders in Russia are still forcing themselves to attend underground meetings.

For those faders in unbanned countries: Would a ban be your ticket to religious freedom?

• BU2B
    BU2B

I think if I was in that position it would be what I need to break ties totally. I would never risk arrest or imprisonment for the cult. Keeping family happy has its limits

• exjwlemming
    exjwlemming

I feel as if fading in a banned society would be more difficult. The rank and file will hunker down and go underground with their meetings. There's a sense of camaraderie and slipping through the cracks and under the radar of the JW elder henchman would be harder. "If your not with us, you are against us." They would be cautious of those that are not at every meeting because they are weak and may turn us in. Everybody would be looking over their shoulder. The congregation would see this as a beginning of the great T. If you are not at every meeting, you will not make it through the tribulation and ultimately armageddon.

• redpilltwice
    redpilltwice

Interesting thoughts. For those who play it smart and well, the ban could create situations that will help the faders (conscience matters and such), but it sounds strange to realize a ban would lead to religieus freedom for them, but it's true!

• jwleaks
    jwleaks

Join the Kevinly class and be like Kevin. He figured out how to fade and in the process survived the underground meetings. Oh, and he got the cute girl as well.

• Funchback
    Funchback

jwleaks-

There are no arguments over those points.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit