Memorial 20.20

by inbetween09 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• inbetween09
    inbetween09

How do Congregations in times of Corona curfews handle it ?

There should be a video of the talk on jw.org for the general public.

Are Publichers just encouraged to watch it on april 7th? Or will there be a zoom meeting with a locla brother handling the talk?

What about the symbols? In my mothers (PIMI) congo the elders require the simple publishers to prepare the bread and the wine at their home, each of them, even if no one is of the anointed.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen

In order of preference as decided by the GB and communicated to the congregation by letter:

1. Regular meeting in the KH
    2. Smaller groups meeting in private homes for a proper meeting
    3. Smaller groups meeting in private homes to participate in a local Zoom meeting
    4. Individuals joining local Zoom meeting from home
    5. Smaller groups meeting in private homes to watch the live stream on JWorg
    6. Individuals watching the JWorg live stream from home

Where I live KH have been closed, and people can only receive max. 3 visitors at the same time, and all have to maintain at least 1.5m distance at all times.

They have started to use Zoom for meetings.

Which means the Memorial will be (very) small groups and individuals joining the local Zoomemorial.

• smiddy3
    smiddy3

Zoomemorial ,I like that ,has a certain caged ring to it.

• waton
    waton

Zoomemorial ,I like that ,has a certain caged ring to it

s3. yeah, caged animals, even fearfully performing in a circus.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

My Missus has already said she needs a bottle of red wine and is happy to have whatever I give her from our cellar. That is, of course, until something else is said by the head inmate of her chosen institution.

When I was a young fellow, which wine was used was important and had to be approved. I remember that there was talk about bull's blood being used to color some red wines and that would never do.

Whatever wine it was, we demolished the rest of the bottle before we went to bed.

• The Fall Guy
    The Fall Guy

The Bunker-morial.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    I remember that there was talk about bull's blood being used to color some red wines and that would never do.

Of course. It would be terrible to use blood to symbolize blood....right?

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What about the symbols? In my mothers (PIMI) congo the elders require the

simple publishers to prepare the bread and the wine at their home, each of them,

even if no one is of the anointed.

The whole point of the memorial event is to past the bread and wine emblems as instructed by Jesus.

He did not say only the 144,000 anointed ones are only to partake in his remembrance.

The JWS screw this up by asserting that only the supposed anointed ones are to partake, where in most Christian faiths all members are to partake to individualize their personal devotion to Jesus Christ.

• Anders Andersen
    Anders Andersen
    He did not say only the 144,000 anointed ones are only to partake in his remembrance.

Indeed. Those who Jesus supposedly had the first Memorial with weren't even anointed (yet). And most of those who followed him (and according to JW theology have had to be of the anointed) weren't present...

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Regular meeting at the Coronavirus Hall? They prefer that? I wonder how many hounder-hounders are going to make that the Law--and insist that it goes on at the Coronavirus Hall as usual. And they wonder why I refuse to go? Even in a normal year, it is a total waste of time.

And while I am not going to extreme measures to avoid coronavirus, I refuse to do anything this stupid to get it. True, I am more worried about the communism that is coming later this year into 2021 than about the virus. And I still work, and shop, as usual (I do take sensible precautions to not stupidly expose myself to this virus). But, to me, going to the Coronavirus Hall for this type of a meeting is about as smart as licking toilet seats. Not.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit