Re-activtion: Half-assed attempt!

by Thechickennest 4 Replies latest jw experiences

• Thechickennest
    Thechickennest

Well, after 12 years of inactivity we got our call about three weeks ago on the phone for the borg's reassimulation effort. A young elder and good friend of my wife and I called to invite us to the CO visit, and by the way "is there anything we can do as do encourage you and Moneic to return to the meetings?" I said just plain "no". He did go on to say that he had tried to stop by many times to see us but that we were never home. Not true, we work from our home. We are home more than we are away! There have been no attempts for sheparding calls or anything of the like for a long time. We really thought we had been forgot about and pleased really. We went ahead a wrote up letters of resignation and mailed them the next day to "young elder." A week or longer passed and then last Sunday afternoon "young elder" called to say that an announcement was made to the congregation of our desire to dissassociate and that the forms had been sent to the society. If we wanted to come back at some point we need to write again as we were veiwed as disfellowshiped. I said fine, thank you for honoring OUR request. His voice seemed cold and angry when he asked why we did this. I said I was'nt sharing with him reasons why, but I restated I appreciated his help in letting us out and that was all that was important at this time. This goes to show how much effort some congregations are putting into this reactivation plan from the mother ship. There was zero effort to rekindle us prior to this new program and zero effort after we sent our letters. We were just numbers in a big computer in New York that the "forms" took care of. My wife was insulted that never once did they ask to speak with her. She was raised from infancy in this congreagation. This also shows how the borg thinks about the women in the organization. We were good rank and file publishers until the PO advised me to beat our infant daughter to make her behave at the meetings, after all," that is what he did". That was the end for us. We never raised our daugter to be a witness after that. We just quit going. Our daughter is happy and well adjusted and unspoiled by the borg. We are done officially and it feels great!

• TR
    TR

chicken,

All I can say is BRAVO!

Isn't it nice that "encouragement" comes usually when 'hovahs are prodded to do so?

Good luck, and I appreciate that you had the sense not to take the "advice" to abuse your child.

TR

Edited by - TR on 12 February 2003 21:33:25

• gydja
    gydja

Good 4 u!!!

I am glad u take your wife and daughters stand...shows what kind of person u are! a good 1!

keep up the good work...dont let anyone tell u how to live your life!

• Witch Child
    Witch Child

Good for you Chickennest!!! I was also advised to beat my firstborn son. So Much pressure was put on me that when he was two years old... I spanked him at a meeting. I am ashamed to admit it, but I did it. My usual practice was to just take the little guy out when he got antsy. I would nurse him or read stories to him. All the dubs were horrified with me for not hitting him to make him behave.

After I tried it at the one meeting I always said that we'd "tried it and it didn't work with our child." Guess what? He has turned out to be "high functioning autistic."

~Witch

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    My wife was insulted that never once did they ask to speak with her. She was raised from infancy in this congreagation. This also shows how the borg thinks about the women in the organization.

This is a very common experience and as you point out it says a lot about the "organisation". Wives have been treated as shunned without even "just cause" according to the WTS own standards, but just because of something their husband's have done.

BTW, Welcome aboard Chickennest!!! Neat moniker.

Cheers, Ozzie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit