Does this Lyric fit any of you Ladies Here?

by hillbilly 1 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly
    Dixie Chicks
    Cowboy Take Me Away
     I said I wanna touch the earth I wanna break it in my hands I wanna grow something wild and unruly I wanna sleep on the hard ground In the comfort of your arms On a pillow of bluebonnets In a blanket made of stars Oh it sounds good to me I said Cowboy take me away Fly this girl as high as you can Into the wild blue Set me free oh I pray Closer to heaven above and Closer to you closer to you I wanna walk and not run I wanna skip and not fall I wanna look at the horizon And not see a building standing tall I wanna be the only one For miles and miles Except for maybe you And your simple smile Oh it sounds good to me Yes it sounds so good to me Cowboy take me away Fly this girl as high as you can Into the wild blue Set me free oh I pray Closer to heaven above and Closer to you closer to you I said I wanna touch the earth I wanna break it in my hands I wanna grow something wild and unruly Oh it sounds so good to me Cowboy take me away Fly this girl as high as you can Into the wild blue Set me free oh I pray Closer to heaven above and Closer to you closer to you Closer to you Cowboy take me away. Closer to you 

Just asking- Change the hook- line lyric to "cowgirl" and this one says a lot about old "Hillbilly"
    Hillbilly 

• LyinEyes
    LyinEyes

I simply ADORE the Dixie Chicks, they are my fav country group out since they first set foot on stage.

I love that song, and all of their stuff even the things you don't hear on the radio. I had a cassette player in my truck and broke the darn cassetter player and burned up two Dixie Chicks tapes listening to them. Everyone at my hubby's shop knew it was me coming before they could see my truck,,,,,,,,,I like to play the Chicks loud....... I still love the Wide Open Spaces CD,,,,,,, favorites off that were ,,, darn all of em,,,,,,,,especially, Loving Arms, You were mine, Never say die, Tonight the heartaches on me, Am I the only one who's ever felt this way..

I am always singing to my kids to the new song Traveling Soilder, and they get sick of me , they also get sick of me singing Landslide to them , but I love the chicks and I love to irritate my kids.

Personally the music by the Chicks, has always been so down to earth, very honest and sincere. They are country music at it's finest right now, and not only does the lead singer Natalie have a unique voice, but the two sisters, are great musicians, I especially love the fiddle playing they do.

I like their country girl attitude that shows thru their music as well as in the interviews they have done. I guess I will always be a country girl at heart even thou I don't race barrells anymore or havent ridden in years, I often dream that I still do. One day,,,,,,,,, thou WT and I are going to get our land and my horses, might be this summer even........ I still have my saddle and it is just needing some TLC to have it ready for my daughter when she starts barrell racing....can't wait.

Edited by - LyinEyes on 12 February 2003 21:40:48

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit