Doctrines

by Phil 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Phil
    Phil

All religions have doctrines. These doctrines, without exception have been "invented " by man.So it does not matter which religion you choose, you are relying on what a man or group of men say or think what God wants. Various religions have different ways of indoctrinating a person into believing in what he says. If you elect to join a religion just wipe out the doctrine part and you are back to the basics which is useful to run a society and generate the necessary laws to live with.

• anti-absolutism
    anti-absolutism

I do agree that all religions have basically been "invented or created" by men, and I personally am at a stage that I do not personally prescribe to any ONE particular belief, but there are some religions that go to such extremes that they are virtually "EVIL" personified.

From my research these ones closest to evil, which I stay away from the furthest, are the ones that are the MOST ABSOLUTE in their teaching. (thus, my Username.. )

Other than ABSOLUTISM, the other thing they all have in common is SEPARATISM. JW's and Mormons are battling for the Championship title on this one, I think.

My opinion to anybody looking for a Faith, from personal experience and research, is that if they take the scripture to be no part of the world literal at all, RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's not just the literal deaths at Waco and Temple's Gate that kill people. Some people live their lives in spiritual death, unfortunately.

Brad

• Sargon
    Sargon

If you elect to join a religion just wipe out the doctrine part and you are back to the basics which is useful to run a society and generate the necessary laws to live with

Are you serious??

Edited to tone down responce.

Edited by - sargon on 12 February 2003 20:5:42

• JT
    JT

the way i see it the only thing that separates religions are whether they are High Control or Low Control or a combination of something in the middle and that is the bottom line-

• Phil
    Phil

"Are you serious"?

YOU BET!

• StinkyPantz
    StinkyPantz

Sargon-

You asked if Phil was serious. Why not? His words were true:

If you elect to join a religion just wipe out the doctrine part and you are back to the basics which is useful to run a society and generate the necessary laws to live with.

Don't you agree that many religions without the doctrines basically say the same thing? For example, all Christian religions and other Eastern religions teach that you should try to get along with your neighbor or some form of "The Golden Rule", correct. Well if we all did these things society would be a much better place.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit