Good News and the End

by A Paduan 2 Replies latest jw friends

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

I noticed on another thread about the end, that it was said "the good news will be preached and then the end will come".

Well, I reckon it's barely begun, and will be a very, very long time. So far, there's been a lot of "bad news" preached by 'christians'. With jws preaching - it's all bad news.

It will be a very long time indeed before the "good news" of the kingdom is preached throughout the world.

• Noumenon
    Noumenon

It's a rather interesting subject that. Growing up in 'the truth' I was always a bit puzzled why there were so many large countries that had so few JW's. Take Indonesia for example, or Pakistan. The ratio of JW's to the population is just laughable. The bible says "The good news WILL be preached in ALL the nations, and then the end will come". It says ALL the nations. This is hardly the case now. The society of course conveniently get around this by saying that jesus words that the whole of the circuit of Israel will not get covered before the end, hence they apply this to prophetically indicate that they have no show of covering all the earth. Bit of a stretch if you ask me.

So does this meant that Jehovah is going to destroy all those poor little Indonesians and Pakistanis cause no dub knocked on their door offering magazines? Or will he just 'look into their hearts' and save those worthy, without them having been preached to by the JW's? If the latter, then why bother going door to door at all. Why can't Jehovah just judge everyone by their heart condition. Or why isn't Jehovah opening up these vast untouched territories and countries to the JW's now?

A bit of a dilemma.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

My thought is that preaching GOOD news, as opposed to Bad news, has scarcely occured anywhere yet - and the east has probably heard much more than the west.

(Judging "heart condition" is just such an ignorant jw judgement call.)

paduan

Edited by - a paduan on 12 February 2003 18:14:6

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit