Watchtower & Abaddon

by FrankRaven 5 Replies latest jw friends

• FrankRaven
    FrankRaven

A while back I heard that the Watchtower said that Christ and Abaddon was the same.So I asked a few JWs and they said,yes.

So I looked it up.In 1992 this is what the GB said........

I Got It! I was off line......getting ready to shut down for the night.Then I remembered my WT CD and Abaddon.So I put it on...

A few months back a Witnesses said that Jesus was Abaddon...I asked a few Witnesses and they agreed.I couldn't believe it.WT says that Christ was Abaddon?Since at the time I didn't have the CD I forget it until tonight.Over the past few months I had posession of the WT CD Library.......

{Watchtower;5/1/92,page 11}There it was.Under,"Keep Close In Mind of Day,"the Watchtower Society said that Christ was Abaddon.May 1,1992 of the Watchtower.

Now,Four,I know we do have a few differences,but check it out yourself.

Sure...I was being sarcastic when I said Sadeum+Abaddon=Christ...acccording to the Watchtower......But I looked it up...it's there.......The Witnesses were really right...the WT does say it.

My heart goes out to those poor Witnesses because they must believe what the GB says....and the GB says that Christ is Abaddon.

How evil the WT really is?I just scratched the surface...........

PEACE

Interesting?

• Deleted
    Deleted

Frank,

It all depends on how far you want to go back. According to 1917's Finished Mystery ...

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Thebes/5606/FM/R09.htm

9:11. [And] they [had a] HAVE THEIR king [over them]. The same king as exercises general rulership over all the
    ecclesiastical affairs of this prevent evil world.

[Which is] the angel of the [bottomless pit] ABYSS.-"The prince of the power of the air." Eph. 2:2.

Whose name In the Hebrew tongue is Abaddon. And he is "a bad one," sure enough. 2 Cor. 4:4.

But in the Greek tongue hath his name Apollyon That is, Destroyer. But In plain English his name is Satan, the Devil. As
    a means for preventing people from seeing the Truth, Methodism has been as efficient as any of the five systems previously
    described, or any that follow. All have been sadly misled and deceived by our great and wily Adversary; "Taken captive by him at
    his will" 2 Tim. 2:26.

Since Jesus came and chose this band of kingdom proclaimers in 1919 then Abaddon must be Satan, right! No! Jesus forgot about the Doctrine of Present Truth, whereby black can now be white, and vice versa.

(Yeah, right)

Glen

PS - Methodists were also the Locusts and and Scorpions, which are now the Magazines and the Anointed. Does that mean Jesus was a Methodist. D'oh

• DJ
    DJ

Hi Frank,

Yup. It's true. Of course it was new light.........Russell taught that Abaddon was Satan. I remember that the concordance in the NWT led from the Abaddon scripture to another which had the demons questioning Christ saying, "Have you come to destroy us?" Therefore: to the jw mind it is logical reasoning to call Christ the "destroyer" which is the definition of Abaddon. This teaching always irked me.

• DJ
    DJ

Deleted..................the methodists used to be the locusts........omg how amusing. Can you document that one for me? That is one of the best ones I've ever heard! I wonder why it was the methodists and not those awful lutherans?

• Deleted
    Deleted

DJ

The thread is toward the bottom of this thread. Dunno why they had it in for Methodists. I suppose we should blame Jesus, he approved it all in 1919 ;-]

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.aspx?id=46182&site=3

• Abaddon
    Abaddon

Phew, for a minute there I thought my cover had been blown...

Must E-mail Ted...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit