JW September broadcasting "this generation"

by Olivia Wilde 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Olivia Wilde
    Olivia Wilde

This month on "this Generation" reminded me of the movie "Book of Eli" first scene with Eli & Carnegie's

"I need that book ... I'll kill ya. I'll take the book," threatens Carnegie in a face-off in the middle of the street reminiscent of a Western shootout.

"Why? asks the unemotional Eli. "Why do you want it?"

"I grew up with it. I know its power. If you read it, then so do you. That's why they burned them all after the war," answers Carnegie.

"Just staying alive is an act of faith. Building this town is an even bigger act of faith. But they don't understand that. None of them do. And I don't have the right words to help them. But the book does," says Carnegie. "Imagine, imagine how different, how righteous this little world could be if we had the right words for our faith."

A few scenes later, when Carnegie's senior officer disparages the book, an angry Carnegie explodes.

"It's a weapon ... If we want to rule more than one small ... town, we have to have it. People will come from all over. They will do exactly what I tell them if the words are from the book, (OR TEACH WHAT I WANT IT TO TEACH) " spews Carnegie.

He reflectively mutters, "It has happened before."

In conclusion: Any organization will use any words or scriptures they want to make FIT what they want to perfectly justify how the rest of us should believe it, since they say "only the anointed have the discernment to interpret scriptures" he only read Exodus 1:6 and to say what "a generation" in regards to Jesus saying about the generation seeing the beginning and end of the last days, but now they teach it's an overlapping generations. I guess someone told him that he missed reading the previous verse Exodus 1:5 which talks about those who were born to Jacob came out to be 70 people and together with Joseph's brothers and him are a generation. Reading beyond the scriptures is a cardinal sin in itself....

• Crazyguy
    Crazyguy
    So the JW's use verse 5 or 6 to push their overlapping doctrine.
  • Watchtower-Free
  • steve2
    steve2
    Excellent comparison Olivia ! Run s mile from the simplistic souls who earnestly claim to be "only" teaching whst is in Scripture. Yeah, right!
  • umbertoecho
    umbertoecho

Olivia Wilde. This is one of my favourite movies. I have watched it so often and I can't say it's a pretty movie, but it seems to hit home with me every time. I thought the role of Gary Oldman was well done.....and of course Denzel.

There was so much truth in that scene. It couldn't be ignored could it? And that's exactly how it has been used all these years. As a weapon it has been terrible. As a teaching tool, it has been utterly distorted and accepted by people (not all) who just don't want to think or take any responsibility for their choices.

How many witnesses do I know who are fully aware of the lies and inaccuracies, dishonesties, false hopes and lack of clear evidence...? Many. But they won't do anything. For many are too lazy to change, to involved in their social lives or hanging in there just incase IT really happens....the big A.

At some point though, when all the evidence is out there and we realise that we have given our lives over to a group of "Popes" of all sorts of religions...we just have to stop...

These ones that I know all say the same thing to me "....This is Jehovah's Organization. And he will punish it first then the other religions. Meanwhile we have to stay and "sigh" put up with the things that are going on.....". Where is the proof of the accuracy of this name? It is entirely made up from consonants...No vowels exist in that OT language.

This unbelievable lack of moral courage is unacceptable to me. I couldn't go along with anything once I found it was a pack of lies.

You know what? I had a nervous breakdown when it fully hit me that I had been duped all my life and abused too..It hit me so hard that I could not leave my home, could not be anywhere public, I hid for over two years in this place.

Then I joined this forum and was too afraid to post anything. Too afraid of everything.

To realise that these semi awake people are still willing to "Wait on Jehovah" is stunningly gutless (unless you stand to lose your kids and spouse. I think that is different) They are not going to escape the circle of Karma or what ever goes around. I truly believe that. If something is wrong and you know it, there's not a chance in hell that you can say.."I was only following orders" and expect the ethical people to accept this impoverished excuse.

Oh, sorry, got all carried away again....Book of Eli is a great movie.

• Olivia Wilde
    Olivia Wilde
    Crazyguy they are only reading & using Exodus 1 verse 6 to maintain what is a "generation" he didn't read the prior verse (5) for obvious reasons since it would establish the clearly the context as to what is a generation represents.... what is that thing they do?.... oh yes micro quoting....

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit