Blind faith

by menrov 2 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• menrov
    menrov

You have those moments where you sit and think, how is it possible.....

Governments (local, regional or federal level) and political leaders in general are receiving their right to govern or lead from the people (with exception of some countries like North Korea and China). If the people are not satisfied anymore (due to corruption, lies, baseless promises etc), they will act to initiate change. This can lead, in more extreme situations, to a revolution. In all cases, the people will have a clear opinion about their government and political leaders about how they perform and will make clear what the failures or shortcomings are, i.e. on how the government deals with criminals, murderers, health care, education etc.

How different with religious people. Regardless the ongoing sufferings, never will a believer blame the god they worship. I assume that in about all religions, there is an almighty deity. But none of those deities have intervened in order to prevent war, prevent crime, provide health services to all, food to all etc.

People expect governments to do all these things and if they don't or not sufficiently, people will complain and demand change.

But for believers, it is all fine what their deity is doing or not doing. It is, as I see, a blind faith.

Sometimes I don't get it.....

• Drearyweather
    Drearyweather
    People expect governments to do all these things and if they don't or not sufficiently, people will complain and demand change.

Yes, I expect the government to do all these things as I pay my taxes to them and not to any God.

• Overrated
    Overrated

In the USA it's called voting. If that gets to bad. We as the people have the right to fight for our freedoms under the Constitution.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit