Nice comment of my active wife

by fulano 8 Replies latest jw experiences

• fulano
    fulano

A friend of mine lived in spain for half a year. He was a witness at that time and he and his wife had a colombian couple over, witnesses too, they lived in the Netherlands. And one night when he was alone, the colombian girl visited him and they slept together. Nobody knew untill they got back to the Netherlands. He started to smoke cigars (yes I'm bad company) and his wife found out, She talked to the elders, my friend admitted he smoked and he told his wife he had committed fornication as well. She left that same night, took al his money and his brand new car, and went to a friend (the colombian girl who already was divorced and lived on her own). He never wanted to tell her with whom he committed fornication, the funny thing is that she lives now with the woman who caused all the troubles. Anyway, he was disfellowshipped, and was all alone with no money left. Nobody talked to him,all his friends were witnesses. The only left friend was me and a friend of mine who now is in trouble for beating his wife up.So I keep going out with him and my wife asked me to stop beacuse he was df. I told her that he had nothing left, no wife, no organisation, no friends, no money, so the least I could do is not stop being his friend. She simply said: "He is a man he should be able to manage this".

Still a cold witness.

• Gopher
    Gopher

Nice comment by your wife, indeed! No wonder you're leaving this emotionally cold person.

She's following the tracks laid down by her spiritual teachers in Brooklyn, New York. A DF'd person is not supposed to talk with JW's, and they're not supposed to talk with other DF'd ones, because that would indicate a "lack of repentance". And finally they should not draw close to anyone in the world, because "bad association spoils useful habits".

So basically a DF'd person is to sit in a corner and stare at the 4 walls, talking to nobody! Who really follows such instructions to a "T"?

Screw 'em!

Like Jesus said to the religious teachers, "Go and learn what mercy means!"

• outnfree
    outnfree

fulano,

your wife's attitude may be cold, but perhaps you are too warm? While it's kind of you to remain friends with the guy who seems to have made a mistake, it concerns me that you have also been friends with a wife beater. Please tell me that you have cut off ties with that fellow. Wife beating is NO mistake.

outnfree

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I am continually amazed AND hurt over the coldness of the JWs attitude towards "sinners". I know I used to be the same way when I was a dub. What blows me AWAY is they NEVER stop to think "How would Jesus handle this?" It's so sad. Living with judgementalism in your heart is a heavy burden. Why don't they unload and let God handle it?

It just breaks my heart.

• No Apologies
    No Apologies

Sorry, but I just can't muster up too much sympathy for this guy. He cheated on his wife, he's busted. End of story.

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld
    Sorry, but I just can't muster up too much sympathy for this guy. He cheated on his wife, he's busted. End of story.

Sure, he made one mistake (sound like it was a one time thing) and for it he should lose all him money, his family, and his entire social structure? Sorry, he should 'pay' for his 'crime' but it is a matter that should be left between him and his wife alone. Why does he deserve to lose all freinds too?

• ugg
    ugg

god,how awful

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I too raise an eyebrow at your choice of friends, but It is an interesting question about dubs view of the d/f'd and men in general.

The point of the exercise , in dubspeak, is to provoke the guilty one to "repentance" . ie: when he is all alone then maybe he will come crawling back to the hall and accept the rules.

"Men can take it" ? Perhaps the product of years of instruction about headship when the image of a man is the resolute head of the house , the rock to whom the dewy eyed little woman turns to answer her questions and solve her problems .(Don't I wish!

May be thats a reason why some are always dissatisfied with the reality of normal human being as a husband

• fulano
    fulano

Emperor Class
    United States of America
    Since: Mar 26, 2001
    Gy7e/FRvEJ++GOnoKWQa8Q
    fulano,

your wife's attitude may be cold, but perhaps you are too warm? While it's kind of you to remain friends with the guy who seems to have made a mistake, it concerns me that you have also been friends with a wife beater. Please tell me that you have cut off ties with that fellow. Wife beating is NO mistake.

outnfree

His wife has forgiven him, he was drunk and it was a one-time mistake. I agree it's horrible to hit a woman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit