WTS Quotes

by dreamer 3 Replies latest jw friends

• dreamer
    dreamer

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this was posted before, but I found the following quote from the WTS media website. I thought the whole article was really ironic.

Jehovah's Witnesses firmly believe that God will accomplish his purposes for the future at his own predetermined time, on a day and hour that he has not revealed to humans. (Habakkuk 2:3; 2 Peter 3:9, 10) And they believe that these events will take place in the not-too-distant future. (2 Timothy 3:1-5) However, they do not speculate on the significance of the year 2000. There is no evidence whatsoever that either the year 2000, the year 2001, or any other date set by humans has anything to do with God's timetable.

I am amazed at the message they are now giving... Oh well, at least they are learning!

The website is http://www.jw-media.org/releases/background.htm

Any other WTS quotes out there we should read???

(Edited to change link)

• crossroads
    crossroads

"HIS purposes" Do we know what it is?
    Genesis: 1:28-30, in part "Fill the earth and subdue it,
    have dominion over all creatures and eating of all
    vegatation." Have not we accomplished HIS stated
    purpose. Do we presume to know what Gods thoughts
    are, half of the time we as humans can not even figure
    out what we are selves are thinking. It's just a thought,
    Peace and Love-Mark

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

Dreamer,

I would like to edit the quote based on what we know has been stated to show this WTBTS for what it is..a group of lying men.

Jehovah's Witnesses firmly believe that God, the editor of the Watchower..according to Fred Franz and nathan Knoor... will accomplish his purposes for the future at his own predetermined time, on a day and hour that he has not revealed to.......most......... humans. Since he is our editor(god) we know the date, but simply dont want to wirte it down, since the last time(or last twenty times) we did, God let us down.(Habakkuk 2:3; 2 Peter 3:9, 10) And they believe that these events will take place in the not-too-distant future.Of course we must realize, God is a spirit, and he knows no time, so not to distant future could be before the next creative period. (2 Timothy 3:1-5) However, we do not speculate on the significance of the year 2000. There is no evidence whatsoever that either the year 2000, the year 2001, [b]or any other date set by humans has anything to do with God's timetable.Again, we would like to write it down but in the past , God let us down, made us look bad, and our Unity as an organization suffered.

We simply cant accept that. Whether God likes it or not WE WILL BE UNIFIED.

S

• Englishman
    Englishman

"International law recognizes a citizen's right to freedom of thought and belief"

The line above also appears in the article by JW's, re the State.

Pity they don't apply it to themselves.

Englishman.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit