Earliest Life on Earth Pushed Back Another 300 Million Years

by cofty 34 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• cappytan
    cappytan
    God
    I hate when people fake an interest in all things science just to argue with theists. A thread like this is nothing more than bait to suck someone into a circular go nowhere argument where you can mock and ridicule someone’s beliefs.

What? Why would you say that? This was a very interesting conversation on an important discovery before you brought God into the mix.

EDIT: Awwww...someone clicked dislike. Hahaha.

• cofty
    cofty

Clambake - I remember what it was like to have to shelter my beliefs from reality.

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

What does the belief in god(s) have to do with this bit of information ? ,

It might cause some slight cognitive dissonance for some people who deeply believe in ancient gods and the mythological fictional stories of those gods .

Mankind's investigation of how things such as life began and does exist, can only help humanity in the biological understanding of are selves and all living things.

If that bothers you then I suggest not coming to an open discussion forum like this one and spend your time on a religious discussion forum like JWtalk.

• prologos
    prologos

I just wonder whether this is the equivalent of an insect in amber that I once found ~ 80 years ago on the beach. carbon inclosure in Zircon does it prove organic, life? whole diamonds even without impurities are 100% carbon, too hard to be original organic though.

very interesting, life was ready to fire up as soon as it could.

• cofty
    cofty
    a mosquito in amber that I once found ~ 80 years ago on the beach

What a wonderful find!

• prologos
    prologos
    What a wonderful find!, thank you. The golden years of youth, walking the beach, looking for amber in the dark areas in the sand. immersed with life that is there for tens of thousands of years.
  • Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

This is what is so intriguing in investigative science, making discoveries of previous unknowns become known.

• prologos
    prologos
    This is what is so intriguing in investigative science, making discoveries of previous unknowns become known.

and it is not fiction, because it was there all that prior time

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

Yes Prologos, the history of human ignorance concerning the world in which we live is also a known accepted fact , Unfortunately certain religious institutions exploit that human ignorance to develop their own power, control and financial support.

• prologos
    prologos

from an article in Sciencedaily on the subject: "--The carbon contained in the zircon has a characteristic signature -- a specific ratio of carbon-12 to carbon-13 -- that indicates the presence of photosynthetic life.--"

so the inclusions are not full fledged fossils, but the ratios of the carbons means they must have been touched by life, photosynthesis. that longa ago.

wt's creative days are getting longer and longer.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit