Russel's Organization?

by peacefulpete 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

I'm sure quotes like the one beow have been posted here before but to me it was new. The WTBS has change dramaticaly from it's inception. It has become a power in the lives of JWs that was never intended by it's founder Charles Russel. Mind you I do not share Russel's view of the world but it is enlightening to see how he viewed the idea of an "organization" of Bible teachers.

"Beware of "organization." It is wholly un-necessary. The Bible will be the only rules you need. Do not
    seek to bind other consciences, and do not permit others to bind yours. Believe and obey so far as you
    can understand God's word today, and so continue to growing in grace and knowledge day by day."
    Zion's Watch Tower, 1895, p. 216

Perhaps he was more insightful than I otherwise recognized him being.

• Sargon
    Sargon

Doesn't it resemble the Babylon the Great, it sooo despises, more and more every year?

• Sherwood
    Sherwood

I believe the BSA is organized into little factions. They have scheduled meetings and assemblies. To their credit, they have no central doctrine. Clearly, the WTB&TS need for power to *strictly* unify the flock was a mistake.

Sherwood

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit