Christmas music

by Are you serious 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Are you serious
    Are you serious

Today I made a classic Christmas music station on Pandora. It's great being able to listen to this type of music at this time of the year without my conscience bothering me or in fear of being killed over it๐Ÿ˜.

• jwundubbed
    jwundubbed

One of my favorites... there is more to the song than the video shows... but good enough!

Bob and Doug sing the 12 Days of Christmas

Bob and Doug sing the 12 Days of Christmas

• scratchme1010
    scratchme1010

Congratulations.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Welcome to the wonderful world of Christmas music, even though much of what you hear on the radio at other times is lame. And no, it is not the same renditions of Jingle Bells repeated into oblivion, either.

In fact, Christmas music is surprisingly diverse. You get music that claims to praise jesus (they are, actually, praising the sun because the sun fits all the criteria), the Star of Bethlehem (actually Sirius), the Three Wise Men (actually, the stars that make up the Belt of Orion), and so on. You also get Santa songs, songs that just praise the holiday, songs that are about shopping, and even parody songs that poke fun of the elements of Christmas (even jesus itself).

And, the genres are quite diverse. I have heard plenty of soft rock Christmas songs, but that is not all. There are metric tons of R&B Christmas songs, current as well as classic (Stevie Wonder and Diana Ross come to mind with regards of classic). You can find hard rock Christmas songs, country, and the popular children's style. If you know where to look, you can even hear swearing in some of the songs. And they come from all around the globe--from America, I managed to get hold of the New Zealand exclusive Sticky Beak the Kiwi. Not to mention the songs warning children to be good--"Last Year I Got Coal for Christmas" comes to mind here.

Even within a title, you could easily find 15 or 20 different renditions of the same song that add variety. For instance, the song Nuttin' For Christmas has been found in one children's style song, one soft rock, one hard rock, and one country version. And sometimes different renditions add new lyrics to the table--Twelve Days of Christmas is good with different items given during the 12 days (not to mention I have heard the "7 Swans a-Swimming" line slowed down in some renditions of this).

Sure beats the Kingdumb maladies, where it's the same crap.

• polish clarinet
    polish clarinet

I have a special relation with christmas music... Exactly one year ago, someone reported the elders that I took part to a musical medley including "jingle bells". So they investigated and asked me to have a little talk about conscience, false religion, Babylon the great... When I left the kingdom hall, I decided to never go back ! So did I for 12 months!!

• snugglebunny
  • ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Check out Brenda Lee singing "Rockin Around the Christmas Tree."

I swear to god she sings, "later we'll have some f>#kin' pie and do some caroling"

I get a chuckle every time I hear it.

Can't help but love the holiday tunes!

• James Mixon
    James Mixon

What's great for the past 10 years our group of seniors have perform our Christmas program in our center. Because of our diverse senior group we sing and play a range of christmas songs, Christmas Island, Jingle Bell Rock (we old folks rock on that song),Mele Kalikimaka, Ang Pasko ay Sumapit, the beautiful arrangement "Silent Night(Neath the silent star), and of course the standard songs. Our program 30 minutes while they are having lunch our audience get a little skittish after 30 min, we don't want to cut into their Bingo time..You know seniors and their Bingo. This song "Snoopy's Christmas" a strange song we will sing this year.

• St George of England
    St George of England

https://youtu.be/hdnaPAJgAQI

I always thought it was pumpkin pie! Here's an English version...

George

• ctrwtf
    ctrwtf

Love it St George. They are just too articulate when they get to "pumpkin." Personally I'm not a huge fan of pumpkin so I'd rather have f%#ckin pie.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit