Tim LaHaye & 1914

by ExpandedMind 4 Replies latest jw friends

• ExpandedMind
    ExpandedMind

Hello!

I am reading a book titled: End-Time Visions, The Road to Armageddon. In it the author (Richard Abanes) mentions Tim LaHaye, who I believe is the author of the Left Behind series of books.

Interestingly, the End-Times book shows how LaHaye also looked to 1914 as the beginning of the "last generation" and eventually changed this "date" to a later date.

I am going to do some more research on this, to see if there is any connection with LaHaye and the Bible Students or Witnesses (although I believe he would be considered an Evangelical Christian), but I was wondering if anyone here knows anything about this?

Thanks...

ExpandedMind

"The mind, once expanded to the dimensions of larger ideas, never returns to its original size." --- Oliver Wendell Holmes

• Iron Eagle
    Iron Eagle

Read 'Gentile Times Reconsidered' By Carl Olaf Jonsson

The opening chapters show many parallels between early thoughts of the bible students and other groups. The Idea of 1914 isnt unique to JW's, they simply stole it from somebody else.

Check it out!

• justhuman
    justhuman

The idea the STOLE it from Henry Miller a pyramidologist who counted the length of Gizah pyramid and reached to 1914!!!

So JW really have roots going to the OCCULT

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

...doesnt everybody know that when they built the Great Pyramid, they measured in INCHES and FEET? LOLOL

• RunningMan
    RunningMan

justhuman: I think you mean William Miller. Henry was a writer.

William Miller pointed to 1844 as the end of the world. He eventually lead a group of his followers up to a hilltop to wait for the end. When it didn't come, the group retreated and split up, but his ideas spawned the adventist movement, of which the JWs are a sub-group.

Edited by - RunningMan on 11 February 2003 11:28:45

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit