ELECTRONIC ASSOCIATION

by SolidSender 7 Replies latest jw friends

• SolidSender
    SolidSender

Is electronic/virtual ( read: online ) association with DF'd, DA'd, marked, evil slave, non approved associates, apostates etc right or wrong?

• Pathofthorns
    Pathofthorns

According to the Society one would do well to avoid the internet as far as association goes just for those reasons.

I agree that its difficult to see the "real" person online sometimes, but it doesn't take long to see where people stand on matters such as the truth.

Where the main issue lies is each individual's heart is on the matter. Is an apostate one who rejects God and Christ, or is it someone who still is a Christian yet doesn't see eye to eye with the Society on some matters? Does the individual look at things the way Christ did, and display the empathy and forgiveness he did, or does one feel to "make someone pay for their sins"?

Where one is in his "journey" will determine whether it is right or wrong to associate with various ones on the internet.

Path

• Dubby
    Dubby

Well said, Path. Even non- Christians can have values that are admirable. In fact, most people I know that I'd like to give a swift kick to are so-called Christians, and most of those are JW's.

"Enjoy God's creation, ride a dirt bike!"

• Dubby
    Dubby

Well said, Path. Even non- Christians can have values that are admirable. In fact, most people I know that I'd like to give a swift kick to are so-called Christians, and most of those are JW's.

"Enjoy God's creation, ride a dirt bike!"

• katchoo
    katchoo

What is an apostate?
    very good question.
    apostasy: n. An abandonment of one's religious faith, political party, cause, or principals. (the American heritage Dictionary)

So you see every JW who has come in from the "world" is in actuality an apostate-- not only have they left their former religion, but also their former political beliefs.

Also, many witnesses who are so afraid of "apostates" need to keep these facts in mind:
    1) No one can make you do anything (as far as belief goes) or change your faith in God unless you let them. And if your religion can be proven wrong, then it wasn't ever right in the first place.
    2) leaving a religion (i.e. THE ORGANIZATION) is not the same as leaving God (i.e. JEHOVAH). These two are NOT one and the same. One is "the omnipotent creator of the Universe" and the other is a brooklyn NY publishing company.

--B.

• Maxee
    Maxee

Well said Path
    SS personaly I and others (if I may include others because surely I am not alone)
    that one of the blessings of an inssight into the conflicts between the relationship of religion and personal beliefs in a creator is the realisation and acceptance that all mankind regardless whether of a non christian or christion belief has sensebility, which goes beyond the average JW understanding

that they are above everyone cause they know the truth

even so called normal people (never affected by anything... never influenced). Unfortunately the form of christianity the WTBTS conveys is contrary to the real essence of christianity. The society is always so quick to jump off the mark. Always first at criticism
    The net and forums such as this one are havens where we can be ourselves expose our hearts. We are entitled to anyway????
    [>:(]

There are few people I know that I see physically that I can talk about this kind of stuff freely .Debate if we want: speak freely as we have right to do when dealing with people day today. The WTBTS is taking this freedom away to so many. Making us feel guilty to what is rightfully ours.

Internet is Freedom

• Simon
    Simon

Well Said Maxee
    That's exactly why forums like this are useful - it gives us somewhere/somebody to talk about things that otherwise we might not be able to.

• overthehillgrandma
    overthehillgrandma

hate labels anyway..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit