I'm sick again! Is it all the stress?

by truthseekers2 7 Replies latest jw friends

• truthseekers2
    truthseekers2

We have been so sick over the past few months since we began our indepth research and stopped going to meetings. I'm sure JW family and friends would say Jehovah is punishing us. But what I am really thinking is that the stress level has been so high, we are just catching every little bug that is floating around. Lots of it has been stomach stuff. Severe tummy pains that are so bad, I can't sleep unless I take something that knocks me out. I would say that I have been sick at least 6+ times in the past two months and between the 6 of us, we've all been sick more than a dozen times. Severe kidney infections, tummy flu, colds, viruses, Fifths Disease. I am so ready for us to all feel better! It's 5:23 p.m. and I've been sleeping since yesterday evening, wiped out with another tummy thing that crept up on me yesterday. When will it end?!?!?! Did anyone else notice getting sick way more often when they began their exit???

• Mystla
    Mystla

I've been out for almost three years and have been sick off and on all winter, mostly with stomach stuff, so maybe it's something thats going around? and your stress level is making it really hard to kick it? I know my stress level has been up and that never helps my health.

Here's hoping you get to feeling better, spring is on the way, that usually helps!

Mystla

Edited to add: I meant that I've been out 3 years, so I don't think my current bout of flu, etc. is related to leaving.. didn't want you to think I meant that I've been sick for three years!

Edited by - Mystla on 10 February 2003 17:33:11

• outoftheorg
    outoftheorg

Sorry to hear that all you guys are sick lately.

When I left the borg I had a rash of the types of things brought on by lowered imunity. Colds, colon cramps, depression, the works.

However I had a lot of crap come my way from the divorce and my siblings etc.

So like you it was not a pleasant time. It lessened and the illness phase stopped in about 8 or 10 months. I never had an illness that put me down in the bed. Just lots of discomfort here and there.

As another mentioned it is that time of the year for flu and other things make their rounds at this time. It is probably a combination of all the factors and it will ease up, given a little time.

When all this passed I felt better than I had felt in years. Found a happiness I had never had. Just hang in there and it will get better.

Outoftheorg

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

I think that stress definitely impacts the immune system.

I don't notice getting colds or flu more often, but I do think I'm getting an ulcer with all this war & terrorism talk.

• WildHorses
    WildHorses

Truth,

Stress may have a little to do with it, but around here everyone has been getting sick. One of the women I clean for, told me today that Wake county Schools are thinking of closing for two day because there have been so many kids out.

She said in her daughters class, that there were only seven in attendence yesterday. I'm just now getting over a bad case of bronchitis myself.

As far as getting sick when I left the religion. Nope, I never felt better. Actually, the stress was way less when I left because I didn't feel as if I had to keep up with others anymore.

I hope you feel better soon.

• Been there
    Been there

I don't know about where you're at but dozens and dozens of schools here have totally shut down because of illness. They were below 50% absent for days and decided to close the schools, let the kids heal and they totally disinfected the schools. It's a bad year for bugs this year, and if you have kids in school you will catch everything, they catch. Disinfect all your surfaces very regularly. Your phone, keyboard, mouse, toothbrushes (keep them away from each others) toilet knob, door knobs, refrigerator handle, sink fausets, etc...etc....etc....either use a mild bleach solution, Lysol, or I just use rubbing alcohol (it's cheap) Get outside and get fresh air. On a warmer day open all the doors and let the house get some fresh air for a few minutes. Have the kids (and you) wash their hands alot (wash your hands after grocery shopping). At work I just have a pump bottle of winter green rubbing alcohol, when ever I blow my nose or just when ever, I just get a squirt and rub my hands. Really cuts down on the germs. Stress does have a way of wearing you down, but one good flu is enough to lower your immune system enough to let you catch stuff all winter long.

• liquidsky
    liquidsky

I can't sleep unless I take something that knocks me out.

I had that problem too. So I started taking sleeping pills (over the counter kind) and now I am hooked. I can't sleep without them.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Stress does have known physiological manifestations - try and calm down and practice stress reducing activities - somewhere nice to walk etc. Calm down, it's ok now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit