Getting ready to visit the San Diego area......Any suggestions?

by drewcoul 16 Replies latest jw friends

• kaik
    kaik

I love San Diego, I go there quite often. My favorite place is Mission San Diego:

There are some many things to do. I highly recommend San Diego Zoo, Aquarium, museums, head out to beach. Best carpaccio I ever ate was in San Diego. Great city to visit.

• LisaRose
    LisaRose

This time of year the beaches would be quite nice, you can't go wrong there.

They have a really great zoo there and the area where the zoo is has lots of nice museums. Old town is ok, but not worth your time if you only have a few days.

• berrygerry
    berrygerry
    It's been a while, and I'm a Canuck, but great food, including great Mexican.
  • antes8080
    antes8080

Balboa park, Seaport village many great brewery's in San Diego Ballast point, Stone brewery don't forget to pass by old town many shops and restaurants.

I'm in San Diego let me know if you need any help. Pm if you want.

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Don't live there but wish I did. Last time I visited Point Loma was pretty cool, as was the Scripps Aquarium, I just looked it up and it looks like its now the Birch Aquarium?

Pacific Beach is fun laid back, my idea of the Cali lifestyle, but that's a tourist view so who knows.

• LV101
    LV101

The San Diego Zoo Safari (just outside San Diego) is a favorite. Closer to Escondido which is close.

Pacific Beach has been mentioned and the bay side a tad quieter/less touristy with small sail boat rentals.

You can't go wrong - you'll enjoy and just feeling/breathing the ocean air is sensational. San Diego is awesome - miss my condo on the bayside.

• Billyblobber
    Billyblobber
    Whale watching. Also, spend time on Coronado and its beach; it's wonderful.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit