Cart encounters this weekend.

by OneEyedJoe 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• OneEyedJoe
    OneEyedJoe

On weekend mornings I like to take my dog for a long walk at a nearby lake. Recently there's been some cultists and a propaganda cart posted up along my walking path. Until today I've ignored them. Today, for the first time, I saw someone talking to them and they left with some propaganda. I caught up with her after she left the cart and simply encouraged her to do some independent research on the group before getting involved. On my way back, I engaged the cultists in a conversation. There were two women, one probably in her 50s or 60s and the other probably mid 30s stayed silent the whole time.

I started out asking about their shunning policy, and basically asked if they were more like Catholics for whom there's basically no social consequences for officially resigning or if they were more like a cult like scientologists with enforced shunning. From there I spent about 10 minutes just asking pretty simple questions and pointing it out any time she contradicted herself, which happened roughly every other time she spoke. Ended up spending a fair amount of time going back and forth about how it can't be the truth one minute, change, and end up still being the truth.

After a while I guess she got tired of me and said "in the interests of maintaining peace, I think we should end this conversation." To which I replied, "yeah I guess if you're going to start making veiled threats of violence, I'll leave."

Yesterday I encountered a really kind, if typically misguided, JW downtown on a street that's lined with bars and tattoo shops. He was in street clothes, apparently visiting his wife at the cult cart, so I approached him afterwards to warn him that the people he was just talking to were cultists. I think with him at least I may have been able to demonstrate that apostates don't fit the mold he's been offered.

Anyway, I'm kinda annoyed that these cultists are invading my two favorite parts of town. I know a few folks have had some luck getting them to move along... What's the best strategy to accomplish this goal?

• Still Totally ADD
    Still Totally ADD

Yesterday at the farmers market where we have a booth for the first time I saw a man which looked like he was in his early forty and his son which I would say is around 14 walking through the market with a cart in toll. They was so poorly dressed I felt sorry for them. They stuck out like sore thumbs. The two of them had the biggest frown on their faces. My first thought was to run up to the kid when he was alone and tell him to run from this cult as fast as he can. Of course I did not but all i could do was pity the two of them. My thinking is all you would be doing is spinnng your wheels trying to convince them they are in a cult by questioning them. They are best left alone. Enjoy your life and when you can just show kindness to them. Still Totally ADD

• NVR2L8
    NVR2L8

I see them set up in a deserted park on the opposite side of a parking lot to the beach. They don't come out on the weekend when there's actually people using the park...

• lancegalahadx
    lancegalahadx

I really think they try to avoid people these days...

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

I know what you mean about them invading your space.

i went to visit my mother in law (non jw) in the place she was living.. I saw the memorial flyers on the table, but I I didn’t say anything.. it did feel like an invasion!

she was the best though! She saw me spot them, got up from her puzzle, picked them all up, crushed them really good, and threw them away.

• alanv
    alanv

Yes these days they have no wish at all to speak to anyone who doesnt keep nodding with them in agreement. Once you start asking real questions, they no longer want to speak

• Exelder
    Exelder

I actually can't believe their complacent, couldn't care a less attitude.

If they REALLY believed that armageddon was coming soon then they show utter contempt and a complete pious, "I'm alright Jack, F*** You", attitude knowing that the rest of us are all going to be killed (their beliefs not mine).

In the age of information overload and tools like the Internet, is this REALLY the way that Jehovah would want the warning message to be given?

If so, it would show hims as a murderous, evil God because most people would want to do some research first if they became interested in Jehovahs Witnesses. The results online are damning.

By their bored demanour they know in their hearts that their message is wrong. They are just counting time so it looks good on their monthly reports.

I pity them when I see them now. What a waste of a life.

• DwainBowman
    DwainBowman

Get some of those small glass stink bomb's, and drop a few as you pass by!!!!

• Finkelstein
    Finkelstein

I started out asking about their shunning policy, and basically

asked if they were more like Catholics for whom there's basically

no social consequences for officially resigning or if they were more like a cult like Scientologists with enforced shunning.

Good one OneEyeJoe

Jws are insistingly lying corrupt hypocrites who have been strategically indoctrinated and controlled by the WTS to do just that.

• blisterfeet
    blisterfeet

I do think they are lying corrupt hypocrites.. however I don’t feel that the ones I run into in a day to day basis are. They are lying yes but they are regurgitating the lies they have been told. They are truthful as far as they know.

im not talking about the governing body.. they are jerks.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit