I had a wierd experience this morning...

by christopherceo 7 Replies latest jw experiences

• christopherceo
    christopherceo

...that left me feeling, well, wierd. It happened about 8:30 this morning, which is pretty early for me since I don't usually go to bed before 3-4am and never wake up before 11am. I was cruising along the only coastline in Florida that has bluffs, it's called "scenic highway" in Pensacola, Fl. (hwy 90) I've been doing some soul searching contemplation lately, a result of which is that I may be moving to Tampa Bay soon but that's beside the point. Once again I was contemplating and the strangeness began. After some time, I began to realize I was out driving my car but I was dreaming at the same time. You know, going through the motions that are familiar to a person who drives 800-1200 miles a week, driving becomes robotic, pre-programmed. That leaves you room for your mind to wander, and mine did. Then it fell asleep. I was fully aware and sensitive to the fact that I was both awake and asleep at the same time and that I was dreaming what my eyes were seeing. That was totally wierd. But the sky was blue for the first time in almost a week and the rain is gone but it is cold now, it was 35F last night and windy. So this morning was pretty good. I thought about how good it felt not to be out knocking on doors this cold, windy morning then I remembered all the times I did. We were not "fair weathered people" you know, we had to suffer to preach, just like we had to suffer in so many ways just to be part of the group and have all of the other "priveledges". I hated that word. I also hated the way they used the word "duty", degrading the word by their implications. I had a passing thought about what somebody told me about the group creed, that they had a christian theme to their music. I guess the thought was created by the song on the radio: take me higher by creed. As I listened, another strange feeling began to overtake me. I felt like I wanted to be a christian again, or for the first time, or second, or whatever. Then I forgot to pay attention to the words and the song was almost over, but the feeling lingered for a few more minutes then faded away. But, what stayed was the realization that I had just had my first religious thought in 12 years that was totally separate from the wts, it was my own thought. As I write this, I now realize that my mind has been completely separated from the control exercised over it by the wts and their teachings. I can see. I can explore as if seeing things for the first time and I am going to enjoy this feeling even if it only lasts as short as the weird experience in my car this morning. It would be better if I didn't have ADD and the curse of OCD, I could remember it better. I just wanted to share this, I thought it was cool, felt weird but still cool.

christopherceo

• mouthy
    mouthy

christo!!! you said "but what stayed was the realization that I just had my first religious thought in 12 yrs it was totaly seperate from Wt ------IT WAS MY OWN THOUGHT!!!!!

No I believe it was the HOLY SPIRITS TEACHING Thats who God uses

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

lol.

choose sanity. Get some sleep.

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

Chris,

I think it's great that you realized you are free. It's a wonderful feeling isn't it? I find myself getting joy out of the simplest thing nowadays. The laughter of the neighborhood kids playing outside. The polite driver that lets me in front of him. The silly email my best friend send me about her parrot attacking her doggy. (It really was funny! The dog didn't get hurt.) So many of those little joys were so repressed for years. I couldn't never see the positive in anything with my life so filled with studying, meetings, and field service. AND with Armageddon right around the corner, what's the point in being happy NOW, right? Some days, I can feel myself spiritually and emotionally growing with a new thought or realization.

Chris, what you're experiencing is LIFE. It's the way GOD intended! Keep your chin up! You're moving in the right direction!

Andi

• Double Edge
    Double Edge

I am going to enjoy this feeling even if it only lasts as short as the weird experience in my car this morning.
    Congrats on breaking past the negative thoughts. The 'feelings' of your experience may fade, if they do, try to 'mentally' recall that you did indeed have the experience and at the time it was a most profound feeling. By doing so you can continue to build on it, 'knowing' that there IS something other than what can be seen with the eye. After all, truly we find whatever treasures we continually search for.

• songmistress
    songmistress

Those moments of absolute clarity and lucidity are really something aren't they?

Congrats and enjoy.

Cheryl

• Sentinel
    Sentinel

Chris,

((((Wow, I'm so happy for you))))) It's just my own personal opinion, but I truly believe your "soul" has awakened you to your spiritual side. Something that the JW's pushed way down inside you for so many years. They took away your "choice". They took away your "self".

Now you are on the "highway of life". You can turn left or right, make a U-turn. You can tune into the radio, or keep it off. (regulate your input from other sources.) As long as you remember to obey all the traffic signals, you'll be just fine. Full speed ahead. Blue skies and sunshine!

Doesn't it feel so right...so wonderful!!

• GotJesus
    GotJesus

Christ is pulling your heart strings. I love that feeling. I experience this every day. do not rest for a moment, let him pull you in. God is everywhere, in your car, in the traffic light, inbetween the cushions in ones sofa. Let the truth shine & you will receive all the riches waiting on you in heaven.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit